PFGBest API unable to connect w/ NT7-R2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFGBest API unable to connect w/ NT7-R2

I received a connection error after updating to R2 and updating the PFG API to 1.0.458.
    Image of error uploaded, unable to load trace file due to 39.1k file size limit. My trace file is 194k.
    Attached Files

Showa50,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Please remove the log and trace as they contain information which you should not share publicly.

2.) Next, please uninstall then reinstall the PFG API.

The API is available for download here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A fresh uninstall of both NT and the API have resolved my issue, with a power off and on in between uninstalls and installs.
      But now my custom Session Template does not drawn charts. Ticks do come through on the DOM but are not drawn on my charts. Any suggestions?

Comment

Showa50,

First, check to see what results you receive when using the Default 24/7 template. Assuming data loads as you would expect with this template, double-check the settings of your custom template to ensure that you're not excluding the data inadvertently.

Comment

Thanks for your quick responses this morning Kyle.
          I resolved my issue by creating a new session template.

Comment

Hi Showa50,

I'm happy to hear that it's all taken care of. Please let us know if anything comes up in the future.

Have a nice day!

Comment

I had exactly the same issue today...finally had to Remove NT7 and PFGAPI ...reinstall NT7 and API and then no problem per instructions received by email

link to generate sim acct/emails = http://www.pfgbest.com/platforms/ninja/

Comment

I've had too many problems with PFG connection and NT7, decided to revert back to NT6. I kept on getting 'could not connect to historical data server' errors intra-day.

Comment

Hello Showa50,

If you like to troubleshoot the connection issues in NinjaTrader 7, please send me your log and trace files for NinjaTrader 7. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110203 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110203 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT_Jason, I did a complete uninstall of NT7 and deleted all files. Sorry I won't be able to send logs.

Comment

Data feed lagging

Hi

The data feed from PFG lags considerabaly in real time during higher volume periods like first hour and last hour. The chart is at least 5 minutes BEHIND realtime - is anyone else having this problem? running latest versions of NT7 and PFGAPI.

Thanks...

Comment

I've taking a break from trading the last month or so. But when I was using current versions of both NT and PFG-API, I had no problems with my data feed.
                        I have an AT&T DSL connection with 5mg download speed. You can check your speed at speedtest.net.

Comment

Verizon Fios - 25M
                          It's not the internet and i've got this problem on 2 different computers too

Comment

Hello,

Please check your CPU usage when the lag nis occuring. This can be found in the windows task manager (CTRL ALT DLT) in the performance tab.

Please take a screenshot of this window, along with a time and sales window and the current PC clock time that before taking the screenshot you have verified the time is good on your PC.

With this screenshot I will be able to let you know where the issue is.

To send a screenshot press PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 06:09 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DJ888
                            by DJ888

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes