Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order line in chart

Hi there, I have 2 question to the NT7 chart

1. I have the free NT7 with IB. I understood that with the free NT7 version I can't make orders to IB. But is it posible to see the active IB (for example LMT and STP) order lines in the NT7 chart.

2. Price Alert: I installed the PriceAlert indicator and Price is for example 1.3. After that price is hit and I want to change the PriceAlert to 1.35, do I need everytime to open the indicator window and change it there or is there a easier way (drag, directly in the chart) to do this?

Thanks a lot

michael

Hi michi08,

Thank you for your post.

1. To be able to see orders within NinjaTrader that were placed on accounts other than the sim101 account you will want to purchase a NinjaTrader Live Edition License. Your current Free Edition License enables simulated trading on the sim101 account, and that is the only account where you would be able to see orders on the chart. I have included the purchase options below.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
    The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
    • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
    • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
    • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month

Learn more about our purchase options!

2. It is possible to modify the indicator by right-clicking on the chart and then selecting Indicators. However, if the indicator is visible on the chart you can left click on the applied indicator to highlight it and then if you hold down your left mouse click you can drag the indicator to a new value.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan
      thank you for you answer

I have an other question for you.

We can change the timeframe in the chart panel, can I modify this panel so that I have add a 2 and 4 hours preset?

thank you

michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, the visible time interval presets can not be modified, but with NinjaTrader 7 you can edit the Data Series by typing directly on a chart.

If you wish to quickly edit the time interval if you left-click on the chart and then start typing 120M and then hit enter it should change the interval to 120 minutes, or two hours. More information on this process at:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
          Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, the visible time interval presets can not be modified, but with NinjaTrader 7 you can edit the Data Series by typing directly on a chart.

If you wish to quickly edit the time interval if you left-click on the chart and then start typing 120M and then hit enter it should change the interval to 120 minutes, or two hours. More information on this process at:
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/m...ata-Series.htm
          Hi Ryan

thats perfect, thank you very much

regards
          michael

Comment

Sorry

I forgot something else

Maybe you can help me with this too. I can load the US Dollar FX Index, Exchange NYBOT, Instrument = DX

I have everytime a message "Unable to subscribe to market data".

thanks
            michael
            Last edited by michi08; 01-10-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Hi Michael,

For the DX contract can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and then please find the DX contract and then highlight and hit the Edit button.

Please make sure that in the ensuing window in the Misc tab that for IB a symbol is defined as DX.

If that is the case can you please add the DX contract to the main window in IB's TWS and then please clarifiy which exchange is available and if you are able to get data within IB's TWS platform for the DX contract.

Comment

Hi Ryan

here your request about the DX instrument

regards
                michael
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thank you for that screenshot, and I have attached one of the Futures contract. If you were to view the DX contract that is a future, rather than an index, and has the configuration included in my screenshot, can you please clarify if you are able to chart that instrument.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ryan

unfortunately it isn't working, still the same message.
                    Under the "Symbol map" by IB, I but DX in, thats ok?

In a second message, it ask me to assign an additional exchange. I assign only Nybot, need I to assign a other one?

regards
                    michael

Comment

Michael,

Can you please reset your instruments, and then please view the DX future contract. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Then if the issue persists can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and reference this forum post and please input in the subject ATTN RyanO.

In sending that email can you please manually attach the log and trace files so that I can review those diagnostic files.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                      • The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                      • The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’

Comment

Locked vertical line

Can I remain in this thread for future questions or need I open everytime a new one? Please inform me

I have question about drawing a vertical line.

Is it posible to draw a vertical line, then lock it so that this line is not moving with the chart - time, instead the line will remain forever on the same position?

thank you for the answer

regards
                        michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

If the new post is relevent to the current thread then you can post to this thread, but a different question we would ask for a new thread so that other users can use the forum as a resource more easily.

In this case it is possible to draw a vertical line on the chart using the NinjaTrader drawing objects. More information at:

Then if you left-click on the drawn lines to highlight and then double-click to open the drawing objects properties you can enable the Lock checkbox to lock the drawn object in place on the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                            2. It is possible to modify the indicator by right-clicking on the chart and then selecting Indicators. However, if the indicator is visible on the chart you can left click on the applied indicator to highlight it and then if you hold down your left mouse click you can drag the indicator to a new value.
                            Hi
                            Is it posible to change text message and sound for the PriceAlert indicator? and where can I do it?

thanks
                            michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

This would be possible if you were to create a Price Alert indicator since the Price Alert included within NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader advanced charting is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

There is a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.
                              If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Brevo
                              by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM