Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac and Ninja trader

hi
    I'm woundering if better to go with boot camp program or via parrallel desktop 6 for Ninja 7

Hello nezpat

Thank you for your post and interest in NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader is a MS Windows based application and does not support the Mac OS natively however, it can be run within a Mac environment through one of the following virtualization applications:

- Parallels Desktop for Mac
    - VMware Fusion
    - Apple Boot Camp

Although we do not guarantee that NinjaTrader will run as designed, we have run in-house tests on the above listed applications and have not run into any known issues.

I would encourage other Mac/NinjaTrader users to post their thoughts, recommendations, etc. on this topic.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have only run NT7 on an iMac with Bootcamp Windows7 for about 2 weeks, but it has run almost 24/5 the entire time. I used Bootcamp because I wasn't sure what the virtual machine might do. The Bootcamp basically creates a PC on a partitioned part of your hard drive completely separate from the Mac OS. (at least that is my understanding). So far runs great. No quirky PC hardware problems/freezes like I was having with my HP. I run with no antivirus, firewall, email, or web browsing other than this forum and direct support contacts to NT or other trusted source. It is not a particularly new iMac, 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4G ram. I used an OEC version of Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

Only consideration is going back and forth to the MAC OS requires a re-start. So this could be a big factor if you need to use the Mac OS while trading. It is a bit of a problem for me, but I did not want to introduce what I considered an unknown variable with the virtual machine approach. I have heard from numerous sources that the best PC they have ever used is a Mac running windows.

Comment

So far no problem with Boot Camp, the only downside is to go back and for if you need Mac program. I have tested other products and most of them were compatible with Parrallel except one. Will run test on Parrallel and keep you advised;

Comment

Ninja 7 current version on parallels desktop for Mac

Hello,
          Testing Ninja 7.0.1000.2 latest version and encountering the following problem with Parallels desktop for Mac that I have not with Ninja 6.5.1000.19: "Unable to load Ninja Trader vendor.dll. Plse re-install Ninja trader: Unverifiable code failed policy check. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131402)"
          I have re-install Ninja 7 but getting the same problem.
          Can somebody give me a clue how we can get around this problem.
          Nezpat

Thanks for support

Comment

Hello,

You need to disable shared folders on your parallels software. Specifically disabling the shared my documents folder.

Once this is done reinstall NinjaTrader and you will then be able to run NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Mac + NT = Rock Solid

I've been developing, trading and using NinjaTrader on a MAC platform almost exclusively for a couple of years now. Very, very stable if you use Bootcamp. Parallels sometimes puts some glitches in there. But keep in mind that when you load up with Bootcamp, you are basically running a Window PC (Intel chip, Windows OS, etc.). Only you get the benefit of really good hardware and software drivers from the same folks who made all the hardware. It's not my preferred development platform. I currently run NT very, very well on a 4 year old Macbook (the base model white one) with 1 gig or RAM and have no problems whatsoever. Have a go if it. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

running NT with bootcamp

I just wanted to "pipe" in and share that I've been running Ninja and TOS for over a year with boot-camp on my MacBook and I've never had a problem. The only downside is that I have to reboot into a different operating system to trade. beside that...it works perfectly.

I've been considering switching to Parallels Desktop for MAC but I'm hesitant to ruin a good thing!

Comment

It is always better to use a trading software as it get rids of all the mistakes caused due to human emotions and sometimes absence.Search in the internet for assistance as many of the successful trading people use trading software.

Comment

Try contacting trading experts and you can share your thought with them. There are many video tutorials to help the traders who are just beginning their fortune in trading.Look for a software that is compatible for all platforms.

Comment

I've been testing NT in both Parallels and VMware over the past several weeks, and so far, VMware runs smoother out of the box (no need to disable shared folders). One drawback is the number of cores available is smaller than in Parallels. In both virtual Windows environments, NT has been very stable and has not crashes, even after keeping the software open for several days in a row.

Hope this helps,
                      Howitzer

Comment

Just to update my previous post, I have been running an OEM version of Windows 7 via bootcamp on my iMac since the first of the year. I never have to turn it off, it has never crashed! I plan to retire all my PC's when they need replacing and go 100% Mac. Glad to hear the virtual machines seem to run well too. (I should note that one factor that is probably in my favor is the OEM version of Windows7. I did not have to install any of the junkware that comes with pre-installed versions. I also do not run any security programs etc. I do not use email, or internet other than NT related use for my trading computer.) Now if NT would just migrate to Mac all would be good

Comment

I am a member of a MAC users trading group and we would all like to find a good trading software package that will run in native mode. While some leverage the virtual or dual boot approach to run Windows trading software on their machines, others just leverage java based, albeit less robust, offerings from TOS(thinkorswim), Investor/RT, others. We would all love to see Ninja Trader or Trade Station run in the native MAC OS environment. There are thousands of MAC users that would love to see Ninja for MAC!!!!!!

Comment

There are a variety of software’s developed by professionals to help one get the optimum use of the software with the different versions of operating systems being used by people worldwide. So, if you are looking to invest in forex then it is better to look for the user-friendly software available online.

Comment

getting nt7 running on the mac justs need to create a little demand here is the following forum post

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cls71
                              by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                              3 responses