Losing Historical Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Historical Data

I have a series of historical weekly data I use for backtesting. Today I added a row above my last entry (Dec 27, 2010) and added an entry for the week of Jan 3, 2011. Saved the file and ran a back test against the data. Ouch, all of the 2010 weekly data (52 items) were missing. I rechecked the data and sure enough... gonzo. I thought maybe I had done something wrong so I re-entered the 2010 data (started by adding a row above the last data line for 2009) and saved the file; ran a back test and wow, all my 2009 data had disappeared.

I hesitate to reinput all of the 2009 data until I understand why this is happening.

I had jsust updated to NT7 R2.

Thx

Hello sharpie

Thank you for your post.

Please clarify if these historical data sets worked correctly prior to the add/modification.

If so, when you import the updated data sets are there any error messages showing up in the Log tab? This is the right-most tab in the NinjaTrader Control Center.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I imported the data set many months ago and have been using the data set on a regular basis. Each week I add a new entry to the data (OHLC) using the edit function of the Historical Data Manager. However, this is the first week I have made an entry for a new year. When I added an entry for 2011 I wiped out all of 2010 data when I ran the back test. After I added back about half of the missing data for 2010, I ran the back test again and lost all of 2009. I have never had any problems with this until today.
      Attached Files

Comment

Further to my post from last night. I took another data set that had daily data through 2010. I started the edit function of the historical data manager, selected the year 2010 and added a row to the top of the grid. I entered a date of Jan 3, 2011. As soon as I saved the file, the 2010 data was wiped clean and showed 0 items. The 2011 data did not appear. I closed the Historical Data Manager and reopened it. No entry for 2010. There was an entry for 2011, the one I entered.

J

Comment

Hello

Please send your Log & Trace files for the date this occurred.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Help > ‘Email to Support…’ and check the box by “Log & Trace file”

Please also make sure to include a reference to this forum thread and a sample of this data you tried to import – make sure the file size is less than 1 MB.

Thank you,

Comment

Me thinks you misunderstand the issue. There is no problem importing data. The problem occurs when editing an existing data set by adding a new row if the new row is in a new year.

I re-imported my complete set of data through Jan 10/ 2011. No errors, no problem. From here I can add new entries each week with out fear that data will be lost BECAUSE there is no change of year. Consider the issue closed. It will not crop up for another year and then I will know how to deal with it.

Never the less, thank you for your help.

J

Comment

Hello sharpie,

OK – thank you for letting us know the issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if we can assist with anything going forward.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes