NT for Linux ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RDPoS View Post
    bump. I have about had it with windoze crashes with NT7. If it isn't the API, it is the historical data, or NT7 just freezing (3 times tonight already) forcing a hard kill.
    I've tried every method possible to run under Linux, it's just not worth the hassle. Spend the dollars on a specific windows 7 trading box. Never looked back.

Comment

Any news about NT and linux ?

The main interest I think is to have NT+broker API hosted, so no power or network failure ...

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately this would not be supported. NinjaTrader requires the .net framework to run which is a windows component, which means that NinjaTrader requires windows. There is no change to this at this time moving forward.

Comment

Linux & NT

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Unfortunately this would not be supported. NinjaTrader requires the .net framework to run which is a windows component, which means that NinjaTrader requires windows. There is no change to this at this time moving forward.
          I think by porting to native Linux you would solve the BIGGEST disadvantage of NT7 - constant crashes. It is shame that I need to babysit a 1000$ software on WIN7 running on a Quad Core processor with 10GB ram and SSD drive!!!
          Last edited by BankRobber; 10-15-2011, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BankRobber View Post
            I think by porting to native Linux you would solve the BIGGEST disadvantage of NT7 - constant crashes. It is shame that I need to babysit a 1000$ software on WIN7 running on a Quad Core processor with 10GB ram and SSD drive!!!
            Word. Just think of the tech evolved trader you could corner the market on as one of the very few Linux trading platforms.

Winblows.

Comment

Originally posted by RDPoS View Post
              Word. Just think of the tech evolved trader you could corner the market on as one of the very few Linux trading platforms.

Winblows.
              Yep, a picture is worth a thousand words... One of the many Oopsies during the day LOL
              But it's NOT funny, I was thinking to build a "supercomputer" LOL something with at least 8 cores processor min 32GB ram fastest SSD in Raid 0 , but nah, it won't solve the problem... THE PROBLEM IS WINBLOWZZZZZZ!!!!!
              Some people shoulda understand this!

Last edited by BankRobber; 10-17-2011, 03:37 AM.

Comment

I have NT crash mainly when I'm debugging a strategy in Visual Studio, but not during the day when I leave it and let my strategies run. How much stuff do you have running on it? I have about 10 charts and strategies running. I limit it because I know it can't handle too many threads. The problem appears to be when a thread is delayed for too long, then the system hangs. It is really annoying during debug because that is all you are trying to do and it hangs. But good luck waiting for a linux version of NT. I played with some free packages on linux but was discouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by tradetree View Post
                  I have NT crash mainly when I'm debugging a strategy in Visual Studio, but not during the day when I leave it and let my strategies run. How much stuff do you have running on it? I have about 10 charts and strategies running. I limit it because I know it can't handle too many threads. The problem appears to be when a thread is delayed for too long, then the system hangs. It is really annoying during debug because that is all you are trying to do and it hangs. But good luck waiting for a linux version of NT. I played with some free packages on linux but was discouraged.
                  Well, you have gotten your braking points in Visual Studio, right? I never run more than 6 charts plus my strategy, for which i know it's a resource hog, because of heavy calculations on 27 currency pairs, although, I'm trying to optimize the code.
                  But, I'm getting the same freezing moments even when I'm not running my strategy, for example when I'm running weekly backup.
                  And I'm not waiting for linux edition, unfortunately I know it will never happen

Comment

Have to give 2 cents - regardless post is halfa' decade old...Please accept my confession of guilt and forgive my assumptions and unrealistic expectations. I got ahead of myself assuming NT7 stability issues would be at least partially resolved five years later. My bad.

*sigh*

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                    3 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post PaulMohn  
                    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes