clipping on fib circle/ellipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clipping on fib circle/ellipse

the fib circle is clipped inappropriately.

As in it is not drawn if the center is off screen, but you want it drawn if any part of the fib curve is onscreen. So the clipping filter should be changed.

its drawn correctly when the center control pt is on screen
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

but if you mv the object up so that the center pt is off screen it disappears (which is not what you want).

the clipping should be altered so that if any part of the bounding box (blue box)
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

is onscreen the object should be drawn

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

Is this with auto scale or not auto scale?

Also, In my tests I can drag the center way up above price and the lines are still drawn below when the center is not in visable in the view.

Can you please let me know what version of NinjaTrader you are using this is located in the Control Center under Help->About and is to the right of the NinjaTrader logo.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Ninja 7.0.1000.2

i tried both autoscale on and off, the problem occurs in both cases.
      move the center of the tool http://screencast.com/t/4J6RHs9HG (ive boxed it) off screen and the tool will disappear
      Last edited by kinderlich; 01-11-2011, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I know your using NT7, I need to know what version. As I'm still running into issue duplicating.

Please see the attached video in my attempt to duplicate are these steps correct?

Can you please let me know what version of NinjaTrader you are using this is located in the Control Center under Help->About and is to the right of the NinjaTrader logo.

Comment

I already specified " Ninja 7.0.1000.2" (this is what you want right?)

My version acts differently than the behavior in your video. I tried to do what you did in the video, when my 'center pt' moves offscreen the tool disappears.

Comment

Missed that. Ok thats what I needed to know.

Ok, in this case please send me your workspace.

Goto NinjaTrader->Control Center->Help->Mail To Support.

Put attn: Brett in the subject line and reference this forum post.

Be sure to include your workspaces.

Comment

maybe its a workspace issue, this workspace is a big experiment I've brought forward through the Ninja 7 beta series.

I did the send , but its hanging with the message in the status line "Sending C:\....Workspace.zip"

this is a new box , I haven't set up mail on, so if the program needs external support to send mail there will be a problem
              Last edited by kinderlich; 01-11-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

it failed to send the mail with the message

I assume i have to set up mail on this box?

Comment

Hello,

Can you access a webmail on the computer.

If so please manually send the mail and include the following files manually.

My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Workspaces->YourActiveWorkspace.xml
                  My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->logs->log.TODAYSDAY.TXT
                  My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->trace>trace.TODAYSDAY.TXT

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 01-11-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Brett, its apparently the old workspace issue, because I made a new workspace and the tool now works as it does in your video.

Thank You.

This is great.
                    -John

Comment

I think I've figured out how to exercise the bug (or bad behavior).

It only happens after a copy of the original fibonacci circle object.

The original fib tool behaves as in your video. But , copy and paste it . The new copy behaves badly, where if you move the center point off screen it disappears.
                      So somehow the copying process makes the new copy act different (badly) than the original.

Complex bug!

Comment

maybe send on the example of bad behavior on copying to the developers so they can debug it.

Comment

Hello,

I will as soon as I can confirm. Unforutnaley I was unable to. After I copied it there was still no issue.

Are you using a difference template for the tool?

Do you have any software that would interface with the windows clip board that you can think off the top of your head.

Comment

I didn't realize the copy inside ninja trader interacts with the windows clipboard. I don't have any special clipboard software running (that I know of). Maybe I'll deinstall Ninja 7 , move the Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder to a save and reinstall. This is very flakey. I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I figured out enough to work around the problem. The bug is on the 32 bit version of Ninja 7 (run on a 64 bit machine) (to exercise, make an fib circle , then copy it. The copy will have the bad clipping behavior). On the 64 bit version all is well. A workspace generated with the 32 bit version when loaded into the 64 bit version will have the bug also. So to avoid use only the 64 bit version.

A trick to make the 32 bit workspace sound again is when loaded into the 64 bit version, make a new chart with the same instrument, then sequentially change the drawn objects in the original chart to 'global' (in properties) (they show up on the new chart) then in the new chart change them back to be local to that chart. After the transferring all the objects close the original window. The new window is sound and has good behavior.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post stafe