Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Error Message

hi

Each time I go to select a strategy, or add a standard indicator to a chart, I get a message pop up. I have attached the message.

As soon as I clock OK, the message disappears and it does not appear to affect the way NT operates. it is just annoying to have an audible alert and popup each time to add an indicator or strategy.

Any help gladly accepted

cheers

honkin
    Attached Files

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Is it possible that this is a custom script throwing this error? If this cannot be determined then please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

1. Open NinjaTrader
    2. From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    3. Select an indicator and double click on it.
    4. A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    5. At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.

From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

More information regarding debugging can be found at the link below:

How do I resolve NinjaScript Programming Errors?
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chip

OK, I loaded NT7, did as you ask with an indicator, yet no new window popped up. It just occurred seamlessly.

Since I received no error message, I thought it worthwhile to do the same to any strategies, so clicked Edit NinjaScript and chose a default strategy and clicked compile. Still no new window popped up, but also no error messages.

What also happen is that when I open a Market Analyzer window and add instruments, I want to add an indicator column, I am unable to do so. The error message appears again and when I click OK, I am taken to the Columns dialogue box. If I select Indicator, the error message comes u, but an indicator appears on the right. It is ADL on 1 Min Data. I want to change that to a different indicator, but cannot. Each time I click indicator on the right, I get nothing but the error and I am stuck with the ADL indicator.

Any other suggestions?

cheers

Comment

Hello

In this case I would like to review the Log & Trace files to check out the messaging taking place in the background of the software, I will need you to send me your Log & Trace by going to Help > Mail to Support… and make sure these items are selected. Please also include a reference to this forum thread.

Thank you,
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
        16 responses