Multiple data feeds connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple data feeds connection

Hi I setup eSignal as my primary data feed, but unfortunately it does not provide me with market depth of the stock I focused on. I setup IB as my backup data feed, which can provide me with market depth data while connect by itself (used as the primary feed).
    The problem is that even when I connect both in right order, what I can get is still only the data provided by eSignal. i.e. I can't get market depth data from IB.
    How may I solve this problem? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Hello fff222,

Since you receive market depth data from IB, I suggest to connect to IB first and eSignal second. NinjaTrader will retrieve the data from the first connection connected.

Only when your first connection does not support an instrument type (futures, stock, forex or index), NinjaTrader will retrieve data from the second connection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      In fact that would be a intuitive solution, if not that IB gets "tick" data that are known to be flawed...
      So would there possibly be a solution that I may be able to use the tick data from eSignal but market depth from IB?
      (or is it possible to set the datafeed for a specific data in ninjascript?)

Comment

Unfortunately that is not possible - use the tick data from eSignal but market depth from IB.

It is not supported to configure data feeds to retrieve specific data using Ninjascript either.

You could contact eSignal and check if they can include market depth data for the stock in question as per your eSignal subscription.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes