64 bit NT7 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 bit NT7 problem

After installing NT 7.0.1000.2, the 64 bit version won't launch anymore. The regualr version still works. I am having window 7 64 bit OS. Any suggestions?

Hi binwang2,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and please include your log and trace diagnostic files so that we can review the precise cause of the issue with the NinjaTrader 64-bit installation.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’

In that email response with your log and trace files can you please reference this forum post, and also put ATTN RyanO in the subject line.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan,
      Isn't this going to affect everyone? Do you really want everybody's log and trace files? I don't understand what you will get from the log and trace files as NT 64 doesn't even have an .exe to run, so how do we get log and trace files? Perhaps you didn't understand, but NT 64 does not "launch." This means there are no logs or trace files as it doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

Hi tradetree,

Not necessarily, and since the original inquiry is left rather open I would like to review the diagnostic files which can be generated even the application does not open, as it may be running in the background.

If the issue is a general issue I can update the post, but since I am unsure I would like to review those files prior to making any definitive statements about the cause.

Comment

Ok, so what should I send in? Here is my scenario. I was running NT 7.0.10001 64 bit. I saw the upgrade notice this morning so I went to the download link and downloaded the latest NT 7.0.10002. It did not ask about 32 bit or 64 bit (I used to have to select 64 bit). After installation my 64 bit NT was gone, but the 32 bit one was still there and I am now running NT 7.0.10002 32 bit. It almost looks like only a 32 bit NT was released. - So what do you want me to send in?

Comment

Hi tradetree,

Thank you for that clarification, which does detail the issue, and should be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling NinjaTrader 7. This process will not clear any user settings but reinstall the installation files including the two separate installation versions on a 64 bit PC.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
            1. Close all running applications.
            2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
            3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
            4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
            5. Reboot your machine.
            6. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
              Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

It still never asks about 32 bit vs 64 bit? But it did install the 64 bit one at least.

Comment

Hi tradetree,

NinjaTrader 7 will automatically install both icons on a 64 bit version, and can you please clarify if re-installing now has the 64 bit icon, or if that icon is still not present.

Comment

I am running strategies and will re-install NT 7 later.
                  On my desktop, it has both 32Bit and 64 bit icon. However, the NT7 32 bit's icon date is 01/11/2011. The 64 bit icon remains as 12/02/2010.
                  I guess the new release wiped out NT64 bit and what I got is NT 32 bit only.

Comment

Hi binwang2,

Based on that description then re-installing should resolve the issue and also leave your settings in tact, and whenever you re-install then you should be able to open the 64 bit version of NinjaTrader. However, if you are not, can you please forward those log and trace diagnostic files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so that we can those files for a precise cause.

I do not think the new release cleared the 64 bit installation, but that the icon is located elsewhere and so when you go to open the current icon it does not open because it references a previous installation and the new icon did not replace it. All of which should be rectified by doing a clean re-install.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
                    1. Close all running applications.
                    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                    4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                    5. Reboot your machine.
                    6. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
                      Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanO; 01-12-2011, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Yes, the reinstall cleared things up. 64 bit NT is working.

Comment

RE-installed and both 32 and 64 bit versions are working.
                        However, the launch of NT 7 seems a bit of slower than all previous NT 7 versions.
                        But so far it is usable.

Comment

64 bit issue?

My broker just installed 7.0.1000.2 on my 64 bit windows 7 pro. He said that the installation detects that it is a 64 bit installation and doesn't put 32 and 64 Icons on the desktop. I that true?

Comment

Hi Cholle,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

What you've heard on this is true.
                            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the the assurance and fast response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post lorem
                              by lorem

Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              12 responses
                              0 likes