Data from multiple time frames on one chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data from multiple time frames on one chart

Apologies if you have answered this question for others....
    (I couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for in the Search)

Is there a way to pull data from a 5min chart and get that exactly plotted on a tick chart?

(I know about "multi time frames" using different DataSeries....
    but this creates a 'hodge podge' looking chart for minutes & ticks).

A simple example would be getting data values for....say an EMA....from the 5min chart to plot at the exact same X/Y values on the Tick Chart. I realize this would create a series of "flat lines" on the tick chart instead of smooth curves, but that is OK.

A second example would be getting data values from some indicator running on a 5min...say some dynamic S/R indicator....and having that chart at exactly the same X/Y value on the Tick Chart.

thanks in advance for the help......

Hello photog53,

Yes, it's possible to create multiseries indicators and strategies with custom code. You can see an example of this Tools > Edit NinajScript > Strategy > SampleMultiTimeFrame.

Tips for multiseries scripts is available here:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks.... (I did a search in the forums, but didn't look closely enough at the actual F1 help)

I'll take a look

Comment

It works!!

I managed to get a couple of simple processes (indicators) from other time frames (5 min & 5 range) to plot correctly on the tick chart. Once I got the code lined up under the appropriate BarsInProgress...and captured the values to display on BarsInProgress == 0....it worked.

CPU and Memory seem to be fine using multiple "BarsInProgress'....didn't budge much at all).
        So far this appears to work like a champ!!

........(I may be back with more questions later, but for now I am good)

Thanks!!!

Comment

Indicators of different dataseries than price dataserie

Hello,

within a 10 MIN pricechart I want to see the EMA of 200 DAYS.
          Can you help me on that?

Thank you,

Elisabeth

Comment

Hello Elisabeth,

Thank you for your post.

This can be done by plotting the indicator on a hidden data series. To do this please follows the steps below

* Right click on you chart and select Data Series
            * Select the same instrument and press new to add it as a second data series
            * Under the Period Parameters, Value > 1 and the type Day
            * Under the Chart Style, Click the ‘+’ next to Candle Outline and change the color to Transparent
            * Under the Chart Style, Change the color of Color for down Bars to Transparent
            * Under the Chart Style, Change the color of Color for up Bars to Transparent
            * Under the Chart Style, Click the + next to the Wick and change the Color to Transparent
            * Under ‘Visual’ change the Panel to 1. This will put both Data Series into the same Panel.
            * Add your EMA indicator but have the Input Series, in the parameters, to the Instrument (1 Day).

This will add a second Daily data series to the chart without have the bars visible and have the EMA indicator plot for the Daily Data Series.

This YouTube video will show you how to accomplish this task as well.
            Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to plot an indicator based off of one data series, overlay it onto another...

Let me know if I can be of further assistance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes