Collapse

exit on close issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would increasing my internet speed affect the speed of the optimizer and strategy analyzer? I upgraded my computer and notice a big difference. Is there anything else you would recommend to increase the speed? I use Kinetick for backtesting.

Comment

bigpapi,

It would help you download data faster, but it would not make backtesting or optimizations faster. Once you have the data it is up to your computer's CPU to compute the tests and internet speed is not of influence there.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am unfamiliar with the process of backtesting, is the data first downloaded to my cpu and the procesed or does my cpu process the data directly from Kinetick and provide me with the result?

Thanks

Comment

bigpapi,

Data is downloaded to your hard drive and saved there once. If you don't have data then it takes some time to download it from your data provider and then once that is done your NinjaTrader will grab that data from your hard drive and then run tests on it. If you already have the data downloaded it would not need to get data from your provider a second time and then your internet speed makes no difference in how quickly your computer can finish a backtest. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

So if the status says " running optimizer" and there is a timer on the right side does that mean that the data was already downloaded into my computer and the optimization process is running? I am running a test on 6,000 stocks. Is the download of data for 2 years fairly quick?

Comment

Sounds to me like internet speed is not such a big factor when running these tests.

Comment

bigpapi,

Depends 2 years of what kind of data. If it is tick data it will take a long time. If it is daily data, not that long. When it says "Running optimizer" that is your CPU churning away on the data already downloaded. The only time your internet speed would impact anything is when it says "Loading data...".

Comment

I had to restart NT for a few minutes during the middle of the day. During this time, some of the orders from my strategies did not execute because I was logged off. I then used the chart trader to enter these positions according to my strategies, what do I have to do to have the strategies take over and handle the orders?

Comment

By handling the "orders" I meant the positions that I entered manualy, I would like for the strategies to take me out of the position on exit on close and then the strategies dictate.

Thanks

Comment

bigpapi,

When you start up your strategy it recalculates a "strategy position". If you want your strategy to manage anything you've done manually you need to manually ensure your "account position" matches up to your "strategy position" and then just use Immediately Submit in the Tools>Options>Strategies>NinjaScript tab.

For more information on this please see here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._account_p.htm

Comment

How do I make these two match (account and strategy positions)? My strategy position says 0 while my account position is 100. Is there a setting to update strategy positions?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                        bigpapi,

When you start up your strategy it recalculates a "strategy position". If you want your strategy to manage anything you've done manually you need to manually ensure your "account position" matches up to your "strategy position" and then just use Immediately Submit in the Tools>Options>Strategies>NinjaScript tab.

For more information on this please see here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._account_p.htm
                        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._positions.htm

Comment

Unfortunately you cannot update your strategy position. The strategy position is whatever your strategy logic calculates it out to be as it processes through historical data when you start it up. All you can do is sync your account position to your strategy position.

Please see this link for your options: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._positions.htm

Comment

I read the article on your link and it says that in order to sync them I just have to click sync account positions. Is there something I should do before?

Comment

Okay Ill go over this link thanks

Comment

Right. Setting the options to what you want will be the only action you need to take. As far as what each option combination would do and when/why you might use one over another is explained in the article in depth.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes