Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Getting Symbols for Charting

Hello all,

I've successfully connected to esignal to provide my data, however I'm unable to retrieve a number of symbols for charting. For example, I can get BAB-LON, but I'm unable to get BSY-LON, or BAB-LON etc.

As you can probably gather, the symbols are for companies on the London Stock Exchange. However, that shouldn't make any difference.

Can you please shed some light on the issue?

Cheers

Carlton

Hello carlton,

Thank you for your post.

To find the symbol and the eSignal symbol settings you will want to access the symbol search feature from the eSignal platform & type in the search criteria (see screenshot).

Once you have this information you can manually configure these instruments – see the following instructions:
    Attached Files
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chip that is great mate. I will check it out later.

Cheers

Comment

Chip,

As you're in Denver and I'm in London you're probably still in bed. However, if there are any Ninja members following this thread I would like some help please.

Basically, I'm confused as to how to get symbols from esignal into Ninja. I don't understand the description provided by Chip.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
          • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
          • Press the "New" button
            *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add
          • Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
          • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
          • Press the "OK" button
          The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
          • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
          • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
          • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
          • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
          • You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes