Window behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window behavior

In NT7, chart windows are not children windows of the main control center, but rather of the operating system. Is it possible to change this behavior so that chart windows are all *within* the control center? When I click on control center it gets focus and comes to the front, and then I have to switch around with alt-tab to get back to charts--very annoying. If I have 8 charts open I have 8 to cycle through when I switch applications... not many applications do this, and I'm curious why this design decision instead of the other way?

Hello JoshDance,

Unfortunately it is not supported to change this behavior. Charts and other NinjaTrader windows will be listed as seperate windows in the task bar.

However if you have many NinjaTrader windows opened, they will be stacked in the task bar. Right click it in the task bar and you will be able to select the NinjaTrader window you like.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately I have no "task bar" as I run on a mac through parallels, but even in this case it wouldn't change the problem (or feature as some may view it I suppose), as I can't do any action in the control center while still having a chart on top of it... even an "always on top" option in the chart as you have in the DOM would be at least a nice option to have.

Comment

The charts have the 'Always on top' option as well. Please right click in a chart and select 'Always on top'.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Missed it, thanks.

Comment

Just noticed this--when "always on top" of a chart is selected and the chart window is a sizeable portion (say, most of the screen), when I click the control center menu on the window in the background and enter a menu (say, tools, options), the menu opens behind the chart. I can't click the dialog box because the chart is on top, but I also can't move the chart because a dialog is open. If this is "expected behavior," then the design is flawed. I understand that it works as it says it should, but I have to Alt-F4 to close the dialog, not particularly intuitive--also, my DOM is unavailable for interfacing in case I accidentally do this and have a trade open, could be devestating.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920