Native reading of MetaStock data in NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Native reading of MetaStock data in NT7

Hi, I'll like to know if NT7 reads MetaStock data directly or is there an intermediate process where NT does some kind of conversion to an internal format. If its the lattter, does it mean that I'll need to import the entire MetaStock database into NT daily after I fetch the updates from my provider?

Hello bianster,

Thank you for your post.

MetaStock data will need to be imported manually into NinjaTrader. I have provided a link below that goes over how to import this data successfully.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the link to the docs, ChristoperJ. I am familiar with importing data into NT though. But I must say that AmiBroker absolutely kills NT when it comes to importing MetaStock databases. AmiBroker takes less than a minute to read SGX EOD data (and automatically populate its counter database) for the past year while NT takes 7-10 mins to import the same data, and requires manual editing of instrument names.

Please take this as constructive criticism but NT surely has to improve usability for this area.

Comment

Yes we are always looking for ways to improve the NinjaTrader platform and appreciate all feedback we get from our users.

Comment

Yes I would have to agree with bianster: importing EOD data into NT7 is very painful.

I use a provider for Australian Stocks who updates my local MetaStock files on a daily basis and when I imported this into NT7 I had to individually add each folder (~30 folders). Each folder took on average about 5 minutes to import.

However, what made this even more painful was upon adding the files I then needed to add them to an instrument group! NT7 should have the option of adding the data imported to an instrument group (unless there is a way that I don't know of yet).

Another thing I noticed with the data was that the name of the stock was not added to the NT7 database list. Not sure why.

Comment

Meta stock data

sir
            is it possible to use meta stock 1min historical data file, for further live market update ?
            thanks
            Last edited by chandan78; 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I have provided a link below that goes over importing Meta Stock data which can be found within the "Understanding the import options" section.

Keep in mind this will be historical data only and Meta Stock is not supported as a real time data connection.

Comment

how to convert metastock data into ninja trader data readable format?

Originally posted by bianster View Post
                Hi, I'll like to know if NT7 reads MetaStock data directly or is there an intermediate process where NT does some kind of conversion to an internal format. If its the lattter, does it mean that I'll need to import the entire MetaStock database into NT daily after I fetch the updates from my provider?
                i am currently using metastock downloader to convert my data. but Ninja couldn't support it and it's very tough to import data into ninja. who knows how to convert metastock data into ninja format?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                15 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse