Not grabbing drawn objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not grabbing drawn objects

I automatically draw Support/ Resistance on my charts with the Horizontal Line Tool.

The problem is that when I trade over the Chart it is very OFTEN that I click on the Line when trying to place an order so when I right click it gives me options to change the properties of the line INSTEAD of Order Execution menu.

What I would like to know if it is possible to disable that drawn objects are clicked on..... Similar to the function that you have " Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series" so that it does NOT interfere with my trading?

This is very bothersome.....

Also sometimes, not sure why, when I try to place an order I get a menu that says: Maximize, Move Down, Arrange All, Properties... Still not sure when this menu comes up.

As I mentioned I place orders directly on the Chart.

Please advise..... I only want to show the Chart Trading selections when I right click over the charts

Thanks

PEDRO

Hello Pedro,

Unfortunately you cannot disable the ability to select these drawing objects. Perhaps you could use the Z-Order setting to order to adjust the plot of the drawing object. Check out “How to change the z-order (paint order) of a chart object” for using this functionality:

Please clarify where you are right-clicking on the chart when you see this Maximize, Move, Down, etc. menu.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Chip!

This seems like what I needed! I had no idea on this.

Can you please advise if the Z order can be adjusted on Indicators that plot OVER the price data?

I looked at the tutorial and it seems like it is only available for drawn objects

Thanks

PEDRO

Comment

Hello Pedro,

Z-order is available for indicators as well - it applies for all chart objects: data series, indicators and drawing objects.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just figured out that in order for it to work I needed to change to True on "Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series"

Thanks

PEDRO

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TraderBCL  
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          14 responses