EOD feed with intraday data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOD feed with intraday data

Hi all, I'm looking for an end-of-day data provider, but that lets you zoom into intraday data.
    For example Kinetick is EOD, but it doesn't allow me to see any intraday data.
    The only way to have what I need is to buy a real-time package?

Thanks in advance

Hello

Thank you for your post.

To enable access to higher resolution intervals such as intraday data, it will be necessary to subscribe to a real-time data feed.

Please see this link/table that details the NinjaTrader supported data providers & their levels of available service:
    Historical Data table:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chip, looking at this table I can see that Zen-Fire is said to offer historical data.
      The point is that I have a ZF live licence, but, as explained to you some weeks ago, it support only real time data, not the historical one.

What should I do?

Comment

Hello

Please go to Tools > Options > “Data” tab and confirm that you have ‘Save chart data as historical’. This setting enables or disables the storage of incoming real-time Chart data to your local PC for future historical data requests.

Comment

Ok, but this will save the data from now on. I can't have nothing historical.
          What I need is intraday data of a future contract from the past days, weeks and months.

Comment

Hello Eclipse,

What is one of the instruments & intervals you are trying to get historical intraday data for via the Zen-Fire connection?

Comment

With some futures (e.g. CC, DX) I can have both live and historical data with every interval without problems.

With others (eg SB, CT, KC, CF) I get a blank chart regardless the interval chosen. (see attchment)

With others like RC says "NT servers does not support this instrument"
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Eclipse; 01-18-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Hello Eclipse,

These instruments are not included on the historical backfill server (SB & CT). Zen Fire by itself does not offer historical data, as such we run a data server and allow our users to access it as a courtesy to backfill their charts - however unfortunately certain symbols are not tracked on this data server. In these cases you would need to collect the real time data received yourself to fill your local database. Another option would be using another data feed before connecting to Zen Fire that would provide the backfill data needed.

I have forwarded these instruments to our Development Department so they can review possible inclusion in the future.

In the mean time, please see this link/table that details the NinjaTrader supported data providers & their levels of available service:
                Historical Data table:

Comment

So, if I buy the Kinetick real time subscription I will have ALL the historical intraday data for EVERY futures without problems, right?

Comment

Hello,

Correct, they would just be delayed if you did not subscribe to the exchange they trade on for live data.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Brett,

As i didn't find this information on Kinetick website, maybe you know which futures are included in their "100 symbols" package.
                      Just to know if it can be enough or if I'll have to go with the 200 one.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Eclipse,

The symbol package is our base cost for access to data. The 100 simply means you can access 100 symbols at any one time, like in a Market Analyzer. This is not a specific list of symbols, you will have access to all the symbols for which you are subscribed to, and delayed and historical data for those that you are not subscribed to.

So, for $50/mo you can get historical data for all instruments offered by Kinetick, including Stocks, Futures, Forex, Indexes, and Market Metrics like TICK, TRIN, Put/Call Ratio etc.
                        More info at: http://www.kinetick.com
                        TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I bought the basic REALTIME Kinetick package, but I have the following problem:

With some futures I can't get the today's bar to appear on the chart.
                          With some futures (e.g. HE, LE) I solved this by selecting as session template "CME commodities ETH " instead of "CME commodities RTH", but with other futures like CL or NG even I select the ETH session the today's bar still doesn't show up.

I've already tried to update my clock and "reload all historical data" but the problem is still there.
                          What could it be?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

......................up

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Spiderbird