Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second data connection in the DOM

Hello

If I trade through IB and use there data for the Hong Kong Futures Exchange which I feed into NT.

I am wanting to use a better data source for charting like esignals but have a query about populating the DOM.

Esignals only have bid/ask for HKFE & most Asian exchanges, not any market depth data. So if I connect firstly to esignals as my primary data source for NT charting then to IB, which has full market depth for the DOM, which data will NT display in the DOM?

Hello Tremblinghandtrader,

Unfortunately not - you would need to connect to IB first. You can connect to multiple connections simultaneouly in NinjaTrader. However, NinjaTrader will retrieve real-time data from the 1st connection. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (future, stock, forex, index), NinjaTrader will retrieve real-time data from the 2nd connection. eSignal supports all 4 instruments types, so all real-time data will be retrieved from eSignal.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Are there any plans to review the (at times restrictive) connection scenarios outlined below.

It doesnt make sense to be offering a feed with all of Kineticks promoted features, yet have to forgo those in order to get access to broker provided Market Depth (by forcing this to be the first connection) with potentially less reliable, complete and accurate data that might result.

Ideally options to configure which feed handles order routing and depth and which provides data would be much welcomed across the user base I imagine.

Thanks

Comment

Hello rt-trader,

I will forward your comments regarding multiple connections to my superiors. Thank you for your feedback.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes