EURJPY GBPJPY p&l 100x wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EURJPY GBPJPY p&l 100x wrong

I am using NT7 v2 with Interactive brokers. The control center shows incorrect P&L on YEN pairs by a factor of 100.

rightcoast, this is unfortunately a known bug in R2, it will be fixed with the release of NT7 R3.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. So your company cannot send out an email to it's clients (ME) warning of such a bug???????
      Afterall I get 2 emails a day >2yrs. from NT

2. RC2 came out last week, when is RC3 coming out?

3. Can you comment on if someone coded a strategy with inherent logic to do something if a
      certain $$ figure was reached/breached?
      Last edited by rightcoast; 01-17-2011, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Hi rightcoast, thanks for the suggestion we would unfortunately not have such a procedure in place.

I would not have an ETA for R3, but the bug would should not be in R1, which is still available from our download site.

You can take a look at this sample - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4084

Comment

unforunately NT seems keen on delivering many bells and whistles at the sacrafice of stability? Bugs can cause life changing results with real money.

1. I have an IB FA account and am currently using a "cooked up" version 906.9 of
          TWS. So you guys missed that one and now you have gone ahead at the expense of myself (lifetime license) was 2 now only 1. to move to 911, which does not work with FA accounts.

2. Last week you move to NT RC2 and we have the BUG, lol that you mention and for
          the first time I have witnessed, NT recommends reverting to a past build RC1.

SInce you did not comment on that last part of my question, lets try this one if possible?

Since NT seems to concentrate on new customers mostly. Say I were to sign up today and expressed that I intend to trade FOREX EURJPY in an FA account @ IB what configuration should I be using please!

Comment

rightcoast, on the IB issues please see this sticky, this is unfortunately a known TWS API bug -

The is merely a PnL display issue, as the bug prevents properly grabbing needed conversion rates, you would need to judge if this is worth for you going back to R1 for time being waiting on R3.

For your prior question 3 - please check into the provided reference sample - it would show you how to incorporate the Performance class into your strategies - is this not what you seeked here?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              rightcoast, on the IB issues please see this sticky, this is unfortunately a known TWS API bug -

According to IB It was necessary to no longer support 906.8 for security reasons? the question I have as NT customer ARE You going to fix this FA issue and when??

The is merely a PnL display issue, as the bug prevents properly grabbing needed conversion rates, you would need to judge if this is worth for you going back to R1 for time being waiting on R3.

For your prior question 3 - please check into the provided reference sample - it would show you how to incorporate the Performance class into your strategies - is this not what you seeked here?
              Thanks but thats not what I meant. If I coded a strategy to take profits in $$dollars (instead of ticks or %) would NT BUG in YEN pairs cause that strategy to be 100x
              incorrect, since nt only reads simulated positions?

Comment

The issue you see with the FF / FA is a known TWS issue in the API, this is not a bug in NT causing it, so we could unfortunately not fix it but wait for IB to address it.

The PnL issue would hold true for programmatic PnL access as well in your strategies.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
                1 response
                0 likes