Daily chart not updating current day bar with IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily chart not updating current day bar with IB

using nt7r2.. with TWS911 - live multi broker account.

Connecting to kinetick first and IB second.
    Daily chart fills historical but no current day bar. The chart trader PnL however is updating and the same symbol in Market Analyzer is updating live.. just no current day bar shown in the chart. (minute charts update fine).
    The End Date for the data series is set to today's date.

Now... if I disconnect from IB and then instead connect to IQFeed then the current day bar on this daily chart now shows up and is updating as expected. Next, I disconnect from IQFeed and then connect again to IB... the current chart is updating live with IB current day bar now... However... if I then change symbols on that chart the chart loads with the new symbol and no current day bar is shown. If I go back to the previous symbol then it still does not show current day bar and no update. Again, IQFeed works fine and as expected... but not IB.

Is this just a limitation of IB or is this supposed to work?
    These two thread seems similar but no resolution:

Thanks.

Hello foxthorn,

Thank you for your post.

Please open a daily chart while connected only to IB, then right click and reload your historical data.

What is the date of the most current bar? To check, middle mouse click on that bar.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If IB is the only connection and the IB connection is set to use historical from IB servers then everything seems to work... but...

If I connect to Kinetick first than IB and have IB connection set to either use or not use IB historical data then it doesn't work.

One interesting thing... I have a long list of stocks in a market analyzer window linked to the chart. The stocks I clicked on while testing using only the IB connection now will update correctly even when using the Kinetick plus IB connections... the other stocks in the market analyzer however still exhibit the same problem when loaded in the chart.
      Doing a reload of historical at this point does not help.. there is no current day bar shown.

If I exit NT (saving workspace) and restart... it is the same.. those few stocks work fine all the others do not.

Comment

foxthorn,

What I was really asking was whether the daily bar updates in real-time when connected only to IB. Does this occur?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          foxthorn,

What I was really asking was whether the daily bar updates in real-time when connected only to IB. Does this occur?
          ---------------------
          Yes.

Comment

foxthorn,

If you were to run through the procedure you outlined using only Interactive Brokers as a data souse, what results do you see in the daily chart?

Comment

See first line of post#3 above.

Comment

foxthorn,

To further isolate the issue, can you try reproducing using only two data providers? (for example, kinetick and IB or IQ and IB)

Comment

Yes see my first post... that is exactly what I described. First with Kinetick and IB and then with IQF and IB... two providers. I'm sorry, but we're not going to get anywhere if you keep asking questions that I've already answered.

What happened with this other thread that you were involved in... was there any resolution? This seems like the same issue - see post#3 in that thread:

Have you tried doing what I've described? Can you duplicate it? One thing that I see I haven't mentioned is that the Kinetick connection is the free EOD connection for historical data. Not sure if that helps you duplicate it or not.

If you can't duplicate then this may be one of those hard ones to track down - but the reality is that I'm not the only one seeing this.
                  For now to workaround the issue I'm using only an IB connection and pulling historical from IB.

Comment

foxthorn,

Sorry to hear of your frustration, but thanks for the clarification on data connections - I didn't realize you were using the Free Kinetick EOD connection.

You had mentioned, that when connecting to Kinetick EOD first, then IB second, the daily chart remains static but the MA does update.

On my end, the daily chart will update as soon as I connect to IB. Can you double-check this on your end and clarify for me what results you see?

Comment

Yes, I'm still not seeing the current day's bar in the chart when connecting to Kinetick first then IB second. (I did verify that the end date in the data series is today).

Also the following mentioned earlier still applies:

I have a long list of stocks in a market analyzer window linked to the chart. The stocks I clicked on while testing using only the IB connection now will update correctly even when using the Kinetick plus IB connections... the other stocks in the market analyzer however still exhibit the same problem when loaded in the chart.
                      Doing a reload of historical at this point does not help.. there is no current day bar shown.

If I exit NT (saving workspace) and restart... it is the same.. those few stocks work fine all the others do not.

Comment

foxthorn,

Can you provide me with your workspace? I'm not seeing the same behavior on my end as it stands, but perhaps your workspace will allow replication.

You will find the workspace in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.

Comment

ok.. sent via email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM