Weekly Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly Trading

I am interested in trading the ES futures contract using a weekly Renko chart.

The attachment is a weekly chart from Stockcharts.com which shows the S&P Index. It does not directly correlate with the ES contract, but it gives an idea of what I want to do. I can change the block size to just about any size I want (it is currently set at 5 points). As you can see, if I was involved in a trade, it could last from weeks to months.

I have tried configuring NT to try & emulate this chart, & it cannot do it. I have tried to use a Renko chart for daily & weekly settings. Am I missing something with NT's Renko setting? Is there a way I can set the chart style to Renko instead of going thru the data series box, which has a chart style for Renko, but the data is only set for days?

In other words, is there a way to configure the NT chart so that it emulates the stockcharts chart? Thanx for the help.

Dale
    Attached Files

Hello

Thank you for your post.

It is important to note that NinjaTrader uses tick data to build the Renko plot type. Since that is the case, you will not be able to match this Stockcharts Renko chart precisely.

To understand more about how chart bars are built in NinjaTrader you will want to review the following resource:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post gbourque  
    Started by rexsole, Today, 08:39 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes