Unexpected Historical Data Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected Historical Data Loss

I've been using Ninja since Sept. I always open both charts at market hours. Today I open 1min candlesticks of HSI & HHI for comparison then I noticed data for HHI from Oct 3rd 02:30PM to Oct 5th 04:15PM were lost. HSI data is complete.

With IB connected, I tried the following,

1) Reopen a new chart from Oct3 to Oct8. NinjaTrader doesn't reload missing data (internally corrupted, i guess) from IB.

2) Reopen a new chart from Oct 3 to Oct 3, NinjaTrader doesn't reload the missing data for the afternoon session

3) Reopen a new chart from Oct 4 to Oct 4, NinjaTrader reloads Oct 4 data from IB

4) Reopen a new chart from Oct 5 to Oct 5, NinjaTrader reloads Oct 5 data from IB

It occurs to me that NinjaTrader internally marks what data it possesses but it doesn't handle this correctly.
    Any comments?
    Any ideas how I can make NinjaTrader to reload Oct 3rd afternoon session data from IB?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by shliang; 10-23-2007, 04:28 AM.

Btw, Oct 6/7 are weekend

Comment

NT does not loose any chart data. You can reload chart data by Tools->Historical data->Reload. If data still is missing, then data is inconsistent on IB's servers in which event there is nothing NT can do about.

Comment

Data loss

Hello,

This is the second time I have lost several days of data for 120 symbols.
        The reload option deals with 1 symbol individially. Any sugestions on how to restore the data for the whole list? And not to spend a day or 2 doing this??????

Thank you.

Comment

Unfortunately I see no other way to reload historical data into charts.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Well it happened again this morning, I could not save the last session and now again I will have to manually reload 120 symbols. I don,t understand why, but once in a while when I click on the symbol from market analyzer to load data into the chart it hangs with load data message(I use Igfeed)?
            If I exit the application the last session is not saved!

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Comment

Once you loaded historical data, it is saved in the database.

Please check the instruments for historical data without being connected to any data feed provider by opening new charts. More information how NinjaTrader loads data can be found at the link below.

I suggest to wait a few minutes for the chart to load. Depending on the amount of historical data that is requested and applied indicators, it can take some time for the chart to load.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Only the session from 1/29/2009 was missing and for about half of the symbols. Opening new workspace or new chart does not bring the data back only reload historical data

Comment

Hello,

If you are sure you have the data available from IB, try deleting the historical data then reopenning the charts: Tools>Historica data>delete.
                  DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I am running IQfeed datafeed. I want to load 10 years of historical data and store it on my PC. Any way of doing this via ninjatrader? In the guide there is a tool description to manage downloads from tradestation, any similar tool for IQfeed or can this tool be adapted to IQfeed?
                    Can ninja store data internally forever? Or should Irequest data from IQfeed and then use export option to convert data to text format?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by xtrender View Post
                      Hi Jason,

I am running IQfeed datafeed. I want to load 10 years of historical data and store it on my PC. Any way of doing this via ninjatrader? In the guide there is a tool description to manage downloads from tradestation, any similar tool for IQfeed or can this tool be adapted to IQfeed?
                      Can ninja store data internally forever? Or should Irequest data from IQfeed and then use export option to convert data to text format?

Thank you.

Hello,

You will need to use the second option you mentioned, download data from IQfeed into your charts and export to text.

Export: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Export.html
                      Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post algospoke  
                      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes