Triggered Trailing Stops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggered Trailing Stops?

I have found the SetTailingStop() method. It looks to be a conventional trailing stop. I have run into a triggered trailing stop in other places and like it alot. Is there a triggered trailing stop to found on ninja?

Thanks

Hi Bob
    The MicroTrends NinjaTrader Framework extends the NinjaTrader base Strategy Class, break even,break even trigger, break even offset, ATR trailing stop, Trail stop trigger, Trail stop offset, multiple targets, time based exits, money management, technical stops, self adjusting targets and AI, fixed fractional dynamic and static position sizing.. filtering, sessions times, settings persistence and much more....
    I can assist you with how to wire it all up - you essentially use different base classes instead of the normal indicator and strategy classes... then all the functionality is available...

The MicroTrends NinjaTrader Framework Public Beta download comprises all of the free and licensed NinjaTrader strategies and Indicators in one easy pack.
    http://www.micro-trends.co.uk/ninjatrader-downloads/

With the current version to be released 7.0.0.34:
    You can even trade along with a strategy which you develop, pause, control trades, direction, confirm trades, manually trigger trail and be stops,take half. move stop in, etc...

Or using the Ninja Easy Trader, you can discretionary trade with automatic positions sizing and trade management features - all 100% free for sim trading, development and testing.

For Live trading it is free with some brokers such as Optimus for futures - or there is a small development licencse - it is all 100% during beta phase - and no funds ever required up front etc..

We are in a beta mode at the moment so documentation is in progress..but there is a forum and a help desk...

To create a strategy you would create a signals indicator to encapsulate the logic then create a strategy to relay the signal to the MTStrategyBase class... in a few lines of code...

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {
    MTI = mysignalsIndie(p1,p2);
    base.TradeSetup(MTI.TradeSetupFired);
    base.Signal(MTI.SignalState);
    base.OnBarUpdate();
    }

Example of an MACrossover -
    Signals indicator
    http://forum.micro-trends.co.uk/topic834-mt-signals-ma-crossover.aspx
    Strategy
    http://forum.micro-trends.co.uk/topic892-microtrends-ma-crossover.aspx
    Last edited by MicroTrends; 01-21-2011, 06:09 AM.
    MicroTrends
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Comment

Hello,

You can use the framework MicroTrends has posted. Otherwise you would have to setup an ATM Strategy to do this.

Please see this guide on how to use an ATM Strategy in your NinjaScript strategy:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Delerium  
      Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post FAQtrader