Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save and import tick data

Hi there

I have a problem, I would like to save, for example instrument EURUSD, the tick historical for 1 week and then import them on a other day or week for further studys. How can I do this. When I open the Historical Data Manager I can only select minute or day data for export.

I use IB datafeed and NT7

thank you
    michael

Hello Michael,

Unfortunately historical tick data is not supported with IB.

You would need to connect to a data feed that supports historical tick data. Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider', which will list all supported data feeds and what data they support.

Our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month or completely free if all you need is end of day data. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason

Since this monday I have runing my computer and I have collected theoretical, with NT, all the tick data from various instruments. Is it imposible to export this data from NT?

regards michael

Comment

Hello Michael,

Yes, you can export historical data you have in the Historical Data Manager. Please see the link below for more information and instructions.

Comment

Hello Jason

The problem is that I have in the Historical Data Manager under export only day and minute, I can't see the tick.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Michael,

This indicates you do not have historical tick data. Please note that 'Save chart data as historical' needs to be enabled to save data in NinjaTrader. You can find this option at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab.

Subsequently open a tick chart. All real-time data you receive in the tick chart will be saved in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello Jason

I did enable 'Save chart data as historical', but I think I need to restart NT to see the change. When I restart now I will lose all datas from this week and since I want to study tomorrow the charts, I will wait until monday to see what happens

thank you

regards
              michael

Comment

Hello Michael,

You should be able to see the historical data without a restart.

Do you have a tick based chart opened in NinjaTrader that receives real-time data?

Comment

Hello Jason

You are right, after a few minutes I got the historical tick data. Now I have another question, like I wrote I have since days several tick charts open but I can only save the tick data from today. Is it because I enable a few moments ago the 'Save chart data as historical' or can I only save data from 1 day and not for example 5 days?

regards
                  michael
                  Last edited by michi08; 01-21-2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Good to hear you are now able to save historical tick data.

It is because you enabled 'Save chart data as historical' only a few moments ago. If this option is not enabled, real-time data is not saved.

As long as you have this option enabled and you receive real-time data in a tick chart, it will save the real-time tick data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Perr0Grande  
                    Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes