Collapse

Switching Positions to ATM from IB Workstation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it sounds like with your usage multiple accounts will work better for you.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could you explain to me what it means to be able to "trade multiple strategies in the same market."
      Do all strategies have to be trading in the same direction at the same time? That doesn't sound like multiple strategies to me.

Comment

This is only a a visual setting, to separate activity specific to one DOM only. You'll notice two positions are indicated. A virtual position for the DOM and an actual account position. Unfortunately there is no way to hold simultaneous long and short positions at the same time in one account.

Comment

In terms of multiple accounts: even with a multi-broker license, only 1 account can be linked to NT at a time from IB. Is this also true for multiple accounts at Amp Futures or is the connection technology different? Amp allows you to have separate accounts to trade the same instrument using different strategies. If the situation is the same at Amp, are there any brokers where I can hook multiple accounts to the same NT session?

Comment

You can typically only connect to one login at a time / per provider. However, IB allows you to connect multiple times, by specifying a unique Client ID. This client ID is specified in IBs account connections as well as the TWS API settings.

There's also the possibility of having one login that provides access to several different accounts. Talk to your broker about setting this up for your account.

Comment

I have 2 user accounts at IB, each has 2 logons (username and password--one for my wife and one for me, we also have 2 separate NT licenses).
              1. If I open both accounts on my computer and set up a different named connection in NT for each, and use the distinct username and password for each person and each account, can I be connected to both accounts at the same time or is the unique ClientID you mentioned something different than user/password that I need to employ?
              2. Can my wife, from her computer, be connected to the same IB accounts at the same time that I am with our separate NT licenses (so far we've been careful to log on at different times).
              3. I used to have several "subaccounts" at Amp Futures for trading several different ES strategies. I would like to do that again. What specifically do I need to ask them to do so I can use NT with all of the accounts open in NT at the same time?

Comment

1. Yes, you can be connected to both logins from one NinjaTrader. Keep the client ID at 0 for one of the connections, and type 1 for the other.

2. Unfortunately we're not aware of IBs account access policies. They may allow simultaneous access at an account level or not at all. You will have to check with them.

3. Let them know you would like access to multiple accounts through one login. The login is the username and password used.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post wzgy0920  
                Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes