Gappy daily charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gappy daily charts

My daily on V7 looks completely different from TOS. Their candles are more congruent and not gappy. I'm not sure if they're adjusting it to look that way. I've changed settings on both to include/not include after hours data, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Just wondering...

Hello shli27,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader. Also can you please attach a screen shot of your chart so I may attempt to duplicate on my end.

To take a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach this file to your reply.

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using Zen-Fire for my data feed. Here's both so you can see the difference.
      Attached Files

Comment

Try this one again.
        Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately this is expected when connected to Zen-Fire. The servers used for Zen-Fire historical data only provides historical Tick and Minute data however within NinjaTrader 7 Minute data is converted to Daily bars. This will not give you the same result as you would see when connected to a data provider that offers true historical Daily data.

To receive historical EOD daily data you may connect to Kinetick - End of Day (Free) within NinjaTrader 7. Keep in mind this is only EOD data and will not be real time.

If you are looking for a data provider only for real time and historical daily data I recommend using the Kinetick paid subscription: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.

www.kinetick.com

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. It seems my daily charts do not contain after hours data, which would make for more congruence and eliminate the gaps. Can you please give me more information on how I can connect to Kinetick to update my daily charts at EOD for true historical data?

Comment

To receive historical daily data from Kinetick and real time data from Zen-Fire please disconnect from Zen-Fire then go to File-->Connect-->Kinetick - End of Day (Free). Then after connected to Kinetick go to File-->Connect and connect to Zen-Fire second.

With this configuration you will not experience the gaps you see when connected to only Zen-Fire.

Comment

*****en. Thank you. I am so loving NT 7

Comment

No problem at all, glad to help out and glad to hear you like the new NinjaTrader 7 platform.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

I'm having problems now with my DX futures chart. This is a bit of a problem. I can't get data on some of them for this instrument. Any suggestions?

Comment

Here's what it looks like.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I had problems with NT 6.5 with certain instruments, but this is really bad.

Comment

Also can't get intraday charts for 6B and 6C. Or TF and ZC. Will reboot everything and see what happens. This is extremely problematic.
                          Last edited by shali27; 01-21-2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

shali27,

Please keep me updated on your results after restarting.
                            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't have a problem when I'm connected just to Zen-Fire. Everything works just fine, and much better than with 6.5. Today has been excellent. The ease of use, speed, and daily chart all surpass 6.5 tremendously, and should improve my trading. Having a linked daily chart is key. What I will do is connect to Kinetick at EOD to update historical data on the dailies, until I get a connection to that data feed, which I'm looking into. I'm assuming EOD for futures is at 4:15 eastern time. Is that correct?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by XXtrader, Today, 11:30 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post XXtrader