Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some quick help w/ Stop strategy in Wizard

Hi,

I have completed the tutorials on the Strategy Wizard and am comfortable with the Conditions & Actions sections.

The turorials review "Screens" of the 3 primary input sections of the Strategy Wizard: Conditions, Actions, Stop Strategy. However, it only gets into details/examples with the first two sections Conditions & Actions, not Stop Strategies. Naturally, this is were I'm running into some problems.

I'll try to isolate my issue with a specific feild but first would like to know if I'm missing anything as far as the tutorials go? Is that accurate that there is a detail section on 2 of the 3 primary input/setup sections (leaving out the stop strategy section), and only a screen review ("Strategy Wizard Screens") of all three sections?

Within the stop strategy screen, and with a trailing stop for example, it seems that the only choice to run a value against is the "entry price". I would envision a trailing stop some value below (long) a market related price. How exactly is a trailing stop to be input in this screen?

Thank You & I'm really enjoying learning NT,

Meegwell

Hello Meegwell,

These are actually two separate functions of the software. Stop strategies are connected to ATM strategies - which allow discretionary entries and automated exits.

The condition builder connects to a NinjaScript strategy, which is a fully automated solution.

The link for the stops and targets screen is here > Understanding the Stops and Targets screen

I hope this clears up some confusion. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan,

I do understand what you noted. The Help Section on the Strategy Wizard has 3 sub sections:

Help>
      Strategy Wizard
      Strategy Wizard Screens (this is simple high level)
      Conditions (this is details with examples)
      Actions (this is details with examples)

There is no details/examples of the "Stops and Targets"

I should have used "Stops & Target" instead of the term Stop Strategies...sorry for the confusion.

OK, so my original question concerning the "Stops & Targets" section of the Strategy Wizard still stands:

With a trailing stop for example, it seems that the only choice to run a value against is the "entry price". I would envision a trailing stop some value below (long) a market related price. How exactly is a trailing stop to be input in this screen?

Thanks,

Meegwell

Comment

Standard stop losses will be submitted based on your entry price. Trail stops will trail the last traded price or the last closed bar if running with CalculateOnBarClose = true.

Choose Calculation mode percent or ticks, and then type in a value there. Percent is looking for the decimal equivalent.
        10% = .1

They will then trail the market by that value. If price moves back toward the trail stop, they will stay at the highest value and not move along with it.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes