Market Replay ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay ?????

I am using Ninja Trader 6.5 and I have some indicators in NT 6.5 which I shall lose if I upgrade to NT 7

I think my question is about market replay (is this the correct term ?)

Can I get free FOREX data for GBP/USD and EUR/USD ?
    I think there are two methods
    a) Record it myself ( can this be done...can you specify which currencies to record and when to start and when to stop..?
    How do I do this ?)
    b) download from somewhere (can this be done for free...I hope for the above two currencies)

Once this is done can I replay this data and run the Ninja script over and over again ?

Please comment / suggest

upgrade

Please do not ask me to upgrade from NT 6.5 to NT 7

Comment

rjngh2005, I am not aware of any data providers that provide free forex data. Once you do have a data provider though, it is possible to record the data for market replay purposes. To do so, please go to Tools -> Options -> Data tab -> check the "record for market replay" box. This will enable the recording, but to actually record, you'll have to bring up a SuperDOM of the instrument you'd like to record or put it on a Market Analyzer window with any indicator column added.

I know you said you didn't want to upgrade to NT7, but it is also possible to download replay data directly from NT7.

Once you have this data recorded, you can play it back whenever you want.
      AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

market replay

Austin,

Thank You for the reply
        I was wondering ...Kinetic does offer a free end of the day download....Does this mean that this is offered to only paid subscribers or to people like me who do not have an account with Kinetic

Please help me with this

Thanks

Comment

rjngh2005, the free Kinetick EOD data is available to non-subscribers as well as subscribers.

Comment

market replay

Austin,

How do I download the data...from Kinetic (end of day)
            using NT 6.5 ?

Comment

rjngh2005, unfortunately Kinetick is a NT7 feature. You could use the Yahoo finance connection if you wish to get EOD stock data and such. The main difference between the Yahoo EOD and Kinetick EOD is the number of symbols supported - Kinetick has many more.

Comment

Thanks Austin

I used NT 6.5
                and was able to handle the recording and the replay

using your instructions

Thanks Again

Comment

some more info please

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
                  rjngh2005, I am not aware of any data providers that provide free forex data. Once you do have a data provider though, it is possible to record the data for market replay purposes. To do so, please go to Tools -> Options -> Data tab -> check the "record for market replay" box. This will enable the recording, but to actually record, you'll have to bring up a SuperDOM of the instrument you'd like to record or put it on a Market Analyzer window with any indicator column added.

I know you said you didn't want to upgrade to NT7, but it is also possible to download replay data directly from NT7.

Once you have this data recorded, you can play it back whenever you want.

I had a few questions about this.
                  The last few lines are

"put it on a Market Analyzer window with any indicator column added"

I was able to put the EUR/USD in the Market Analyzer window....however do I have to specify which time frame (5 minute/ 15 minute ) or 4 range 8 range 10 range and how do I add an indicator ?

what will happen if I replay the data back and choose a different time frame or range or during recording I added only MACD and now during replay I want EMA or SMA or any other indicator

Comment

Hi there, the data is recorded in .25 second intervals, so it doesn't matter which timeframe you choose for the indicator, nor does it matter which indicator you add.

To add an indicator, right-click the Market Analyzer window -> select Columns -> double-click Indicator on the left half of the column window -> select the indicator/parameters/timeframe you wish to use -> hit OK.

In Tools -> Options -> Data, you must also have "record for market replay" checked.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                    2 responses