Replay Recorder Doesn't Show up in Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay Recorder Doesn't Show up in Market Replay

When I connect to market replaym (after downloading replay data) I get the connection notice in my taskbar (Connected - Replay is green), but I cannot find the replay controller so I can't ever actually start it running, hence I cannot test on replay data. I suspect the replay controller is defaulting to a monitor space that no longer exists for me and since it doesn't show up in the tool bar when active (Like a chart or a dom or suce) I can't access it to try and expand it or move it. Is there some programmatic or other way that I can move it to one of my active monitors? I have three monitors and the capability to drive four monitors with two graphics cards and I moved my computer a few months ago and I am not certain I got the monitors hooked up to the same graphics card ports that they were orignially connected to.
    I'm pretty much stuck on this issue.
    I hope you can help.
    Thanks
    DaveN

Hello daven,

Thank you for your post.

If you are using multiple monitors then it is possible that you can temporarily set all monitors to one primary display to see if the Market Replay control is forced back into view.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Disabled one monitor card, and forced the display to be just one monitor. Then reset to computer and restarted NT. Didn't change anything, still can't see the replay control when I connect to market replay. Is there a setting in the config file that I could change that would determine what monitor the replay controller shows up on? I looked through and didn't see anything associated with replay that looked like a monitor configuration but I am no expert in that realm, though if you told me what to change I could change it.
      Thanks
      DaveN

Comment

Hello daven,

I was actually referring to configuring the monitor desktop settings such that only 1 primary monitor would be utilized (not disabling one or more graphics cards).

Please try this alternate method to see if it resolves the issue
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Reset to one monitor

I'm not sure how to do that. I have two graphics cards, each supporting two monitors.
          I have two monitors on one card and one on the second. I didn't disable the monitor cards I simply configured them to show the same information on all monitors, essentially the same thing as only having a single monitor. At any rate, that didn't fix the problem. I still have a replay recorder that doesn't show up on a monitor regardless of how I have the monitors configured, as a single, as a multiple, or as a single desktop across all three monitors. Those are the only choices I have and I tried all of them and none of them worked. I rebooted the computer between each try and restarted NT after the reboot.
          Please see my last post. Is there a setting I could change in the config.xml file that would redirect the output for the replay recorder?
          Thanks
          DaveN
          Last edited by daven; 01-24-2011, 01:11 AM. Reason: Missed the suggestion in last post.

Comment

Hi Dave,

What you can try, however is not an convenient option is to delete the workspace.XML file. This will reset all windows to the default opening settings. You should have then the replay control feature back. Downside that you will lose all your workspace set up and have to recreate everything again.

You can do this by closing the software, go to the windows start menu and click (My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Workspaces--> workspaces.XML. Right click on this file and select Delete. Then restart the software.
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Forgot to give you feedback. Your suggestion worked and wasn't too disruptive. It only took me about 30 minutes to recreate the workspaces I use.
              Thanks
              DaveN

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses