Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Strategy does not show OCO orders

I am running a strategy in Sim mode.

The first thing I notice is that there are no graphical handles for the Profit Target Order and the Stop Loss Orders. Why? I would like to be able to override the strategy by moving my target or stop. Can this not be done?

Thanks

Hello bob100,

Thank you for your post.

Yes you can modify and view your ATM Strategy within the Chart. Please confirm you have Chart Trader enabled and if you are using the SuperDOM be sure you have the same account selected within both windows.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Modifying Orders in Chart Trader.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I cant have Chart Trader and a Strategy running at the same time. The other is grayed out ....

Comment

Yes unfortunately you cannot have both an Automated Strategy and Chart Trader running on the same chart window. What you may do is open an additional chart with no strategies running and then enable Chart Trader on this chart to have access to your ATM Strategy.

Comment

I did what you suggested and I think it worked great!

My strategy was running on one chart submitting orders and the OCO orders(with handles were showing up on the other chart. I was able to manipulate the order as I chose on that chart.

I like it very much. I hope it was designed to interact this way, meaning that the strategy correctly handles it if I , for instance, close the order manually using Chart Trader from the other chart.

Comment

I am discovering it did not work as great as I initially thought it would.

If while the strategy is running on one chart I submit an order using Chart Trader and then close that order using Chart Trader my Strategy is stopped. It took me a while to figure this out.

When I restart the Strategy, on at least one occasion it made me long when I should have been flat.

Comment

This is expected. Upon startup of the Strategy the Strategy may show a position base upon the historical data even though the account may be flat.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over different settings that are available when running an Automated Strategy.

I have also included a link below that goes over Syncing positions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
              16 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post samish18  
              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes