Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgnet: No more Data Loading with Kinetick

NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.2 TWS 911.3

Tried to connect my workspace. Complete Failure. See screenshot 1.

Then closed down NinjaTrader and started again. Now every time, when I first-connect to Kinetick EOD, I get an error message:

Step 1: Connecting to Kinetick EOD

Error on loading chart data for '6E 03-11 Globex'. Error on requesting historical data: No more data to read. The error message is generated, because I have one daily chart open, and my data base contains already data for Friday.

This message has never appeared before. Have you made any changes? See screenshot 2.

Step 2 : Connecting to Interactive Brokers

When I connect my workspace to Interactive Brokers, all my intraday charts are loaded. Then up to now the pivot indicators have (unnecessarily) loaded daily data from Kinetick, because the asyncrhonous loading was triggered by the intraday data loading from Interactive Brokers.

For my four charts, there are up to 5 indicators each that use DailyBars, so the DailyBars loading was triggered 18 times. Useless, but this is NinjaTrader

Now everything is blocked, so all my important indicators do no longer display. This is a total disaster, as no chart displays correctly.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Harry; 01-24-2011, 01:53 PM.

Hello,

Please disconnect and reconnect to Kinetick. I have seen where this error occurs in a rare circumstance and is resolved by a disconnect and reconnect.

Also, not sure on your second question what your asking. Since this would be expected to load this data when it is requested from a hosted indicator.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. I have restarted the PC, restarted NinjaTrader, checked the log and trace files, but I always get this loading error.

No indicators display in DailyBars mode. Even worse, I cannot stop the loading if it fails.

If loading from Interactive Brokers fails, I have an abort button, so at least I do not nead to shut down NinjaTrader. But the Kinetick adapter does not allow this option.

Everything hangs. I cannot abort. When restarting everything hangs again.

My last hope is that once again the workspace is corrupted, in particular the DOM.

Screenshot attached: loading cannot be aborted.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Please disconnect and reconnect to Kinetick. I have seen where this error occurs in a rare circumstance and is resolved by a disconnect and reconnect.

Also, not sure on your second question what your asking. Since this would be expected to load this data when it is requested from a hosted indicator.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Harry; 01-24-2011, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Rebuilding the workspace from scratch by using the chart templates solved the problem.

No idea what causes corrupted workspaces.

Comment

Very strange. If it occurs again. If you dont mind plase send the curropted workspace to support at ninjatrader dot com attn: Brett and reference this forum post and I will get with development on them as this should not occur.

Comment

Again a problem with data loading and Kinetick.

It is 0:30 CET (equivalent of 6:30 PM EST) and I have updated my historical data base via the Historical Data Manager (download). Usually I download data for two days only(January 28 and yesterday January 27).

Note that in Europe it is already January 28, but in the US it is still January 27. Maybe this is the problem.

After download via the Historical Data Manager, the active intraday charts will be reloaded as well. This triggers a reload of daily data, as the intraday charts use pivots. The tracefile showed that the daily data was download about 8 times for 8 pivot (or similar) indicators, then the download stopped.

The screenshot below shows that NinjaTrader was hanging on loading data from Kinetick. I am always double connected to Kinetick EOD and Interactive Brokers. But the interface to the Interactive Brokers API has an Abort button in case something goes wrong. The interface to Kinetick does not have this Abort button, so I am stuck with the problem and need to shut down NinjaTrader.

However this time no corrupted workspace.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Harry; 01-27-2011, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I or Josh will follow up here shortly.

Thanks for the patience.

Comment

Hello,

I discussed this with Josh.

I have to get something reproducible at this point in time to further assist with this.

Do you find that this occurs at a certain time period or date?

Does it always occur after you guys switch over to the next day but were still on the previous day?

Are your strategies indicators loading data/MultiSeries strategies and indicators. Do you have both or just strategies in this case that are multi series?

Also, did this occur on the same workspace setup or different?

Comment

It does not happen often. If it happens again, I will send you a mail with detailed answers to your questions and include the trace and log files, as it shows which instrument had last been loaded.

Not sure it is linked to the time of the day, will wait for next problem.

Yes, I always use the same workspace. No multiseries charts, but typically one instrument with one daily and 3 intraday charts, a Nyse Tick chart, the DOM and the CC. All intraday charts use indicators that download daily bars (fib lines, pivots, daily range). This causes NinjaTrader to load daily data from Kinetick about 12 times in a row.

Comment

look forward to your response. Thanks Harry.

Comment

NinjaTrader hang because of false rollover date

I was just testing order execution for IPE gasoil futures (which still does not work), when I shut down NinjaTrader and restarted

After connecting to Kinetick NinjaTrader was hanging on loading. Cause was a false rollover date that I had entered for the contract G 07-09. This caused Ninjatrader looking for inexistant data for the prior contract G 06-09 and produced a hang.

So I had to shut down NinjaTrader. Screenshot attached. Not sure that this is related to the prior problems.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Harry; 02-03-2011, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Sure, most likely trying to pull in the start information to generate rollover offsets when you see a really far back date.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                        20 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Bidder
                        by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes