Can't get forex charts to appear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get forex charts to appear

Hi, I had added a new Forex List from Instrument Manager but when I open a chart the only dropdown options are the default instruments. How do I make my Forex list appears on the chart dropdown box?

Also I added some currency pairs (not the futures fx) to the default list and whilst they now appear in the dropdown list when I click on them the chart is empty. I have opened up the data info and changed it to Forex and then 24/7 default but still no charts......can you help please....Thanks

Hello Silverpuma,

From the chart toolbar, the default list is all that's available. You may consider adding the instruments you refer to most frequently directly to this list.

You can also access other lists from the Right Click > Data Series screen.

For charts that don't appear - they may not be mapped properly or data might not be available for that instrument / account connection.

Please let us know the following and we'll have a better idea on whether it's available.
    What instrument are you trying to view?
    What is your data provider?
    What interval is your chart?
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 01-24-2011, 04:13 PM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello Silverpuma,

From the chart toolbar, the default list is all that's available. You may consider adding the instruments you refer to most frequently directly to this list.

You can also access other lists from the Right Click > Data Series screen.

For charts that don't appear - they may not be mapped properly or data might not be available for that instrument / account connection.

Please let us know the following and we'll have a better idea on whether it's available.
      What instrument are you trying to view?
      What is your data provider?
      What interval is your chart?
      Thanks Rayn for the reply.

I am using Mirus Furures demo and KenTick for historical. I'm trying to view any of the forex currencies i.e aud-usd or eur-chf or nez-usd etc. I don't need live data as I presume my Mirus demo does not supply forex data only the Futures FX data. I use 3 and 5 range bars........hope this helps yopu help me....

Comment

Yes, thanks for the reply.

Mirus provides futures only, so FOREX is unavailable.

You can view currency pairs like EURUSD with the free kinetick connection, but this is available only for daily charts and higher. If you wanted historical intraday data, like range charts this requires a subscription.

Comment

Yes, thanks for the reply.

Mirus provides futures only, so FOREX is unavailable.

You can view currency pairs like EURUSD with the free kinetick connection, but this is available only for daily charts and higher. If you wanted historical intraday data, like range charts this requires a subscription.
          Hi Ryan, I have a live Metatrader 4 account with MB Trading and a demo MBT navigator account. So I connected ninja to the MB Trading demo account as per your online video instructions and all worked fine. The only problem I have now is that although I have been able to load aud-jpy and aud-usd it takes two or three attempts as its shows "loading data" and then after a few minutes a error box appears that says ..

." Error on loading chart for $EURUDE default Error (errClinetSideConnect) on loading historical data"

I have attached a screenshot of the error box

I'm using; 5 range bars and have the 24/7default session template. Any help would be great....thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately there is a known issue with historical tick data and MBTrading connection. The historical tick data is required to build range charts. We are working with MBTrading to resolve as soon as possible, but we do not currently have an ETA for this.

Comment

Unfortunately there is a known issue with historical tick data and MBTrading connection. The historical tick data is required to build range charts. We are working with MBTrading to resolve as soon as possible, but we do not currently have an ETA for this.
              So in effect if I want to use range bars (which I do) I can't do this via MB Trading and NT? Is there a section where I can see which Forex ECN brokers NT works with? Thanks

Comment

Yes, you can see a list of our historical data provider here > Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider.

Brokers are listed here:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post alifarahani  
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                1 response