Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to verify license

Hi,

I am unable to access NT7 because I get the "Unable to Verify License" message.
    My firewall AV etc are disabled and I have tried rebooting my computer.
    Yesterday everything was fine.

Is there an issue with NT or is this just with me?

Hello PeterBrazel,

Thank you for your post.

There are a couple reasons why this message appears.

You have incorrectly entered the license key. Please double check to ensure that you have not accidentally entered an incorrect character or have a space at the end of your license key

Or the most common reason is that a firewall on your PC or on the network your computer is on is preventing NinjaTrader from accessing our license servers. To test this, please disable all firewalls and then restart NinjaTrader and see if it works. If yes, you just need to add ninjatrader.com to the exception list (safe list) for your firewall software

If the above resolutions do not work, please send us an email to support AT ninjatrader DOT com and reference this forum thread.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unable to Verify License

I am continuing to have license issues with NT 7.

The software has been working fine for some time but recently the software was unable to verify the license, the reason being was that it had lost the license code altogether. Repairing the software or re-installing it does not work unless the software is completely removed first. Once all this is done the license is verified and begins to function as normal, however, the issue is ongoing as the program crashed and then was unable to verify the license so the whole procedure is now being undertaken for a second time.

Please note that Windows Defender is turned off and has been throughout this whole process.

I would appreciate some advice on this issue. Repeating this whole procedure daily is not acceptable for a trading environment.

Furthermore could I suggest several very small enhancements for consideration.

1) If the software is unable to verify its license then could we have an option on the dialogue box that exits the startup procedure. Right now I just OK it and the software opens in demo mode.

2) When we request to download the software the initial download just leads to a second download process such that the installation files are never stored on Drive C; It would be more convenient to have all the installation files stored on Drive C; to facilitate the re-installation process.

Thank you.

Comment

Failed to verify license

This latest procedure....uninstall....re download and re-instal failed to overcome the issue this time.

Comment

Hi Peter,

Can you send a note with the license you're using to support at ninjatrader dot com so we can test it for you.

Put in the subject 'For Vince'.
          Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Vincent,

I did as requested....have tried fresh instal etc etc but nothing seems to work. The code is also missing in 6.5.

Can you explain to me exactly what the software does with the code.

I enter it on the site to activate the download. Normally once the software is downloaded and installed the code appears under the help tab but this time it loses it and therefore gives me that damn "Cannot Verify License" error. Then when I try to enter it into the software it gives me the invalid backdoor or whatever.

Can you please get me sorted on this?

Thanks

Comment

Peter,

I'm not sure what license you're using, but it sounds like the license doesn't verify because it gets blocked by something on your machine. Can you check your firewall settings and make sure NinjaTrader is set to the list of exceptions. Also if you have something like McAfee or Norton make sure that NT is granted access under the personal firewall.

What you can test as well is to remove your router and then plug in directly to your modem to see if that does the trick.

If you are at work, in an office, contact your network admin and have him create permission to bypass the corporate firewall.

Have you send your license to support yet for us to test?

Comment

Hello,

Maybe the email that I am sending from within the help screen is not working as well because I am not receiving the requested copy. I have sent it directly to [email protected] as well.

The only computer protection that I use is MS Defender which has been turned off once this problem began. Ninjatrader.com is listed within defender to enable traffic.

I am plugged directly into my modem.

I do concede that my connection could be better. TS and other software appear to be working fine.

Please advise....?

Comment

Hello Peter,

Please see my response to the email you sent to [email protected].

There are three main reasons why this message appears.
                  • Your license is truly invalid however, I have tested this license here and it is a valid license
                  • You have incorrectly entered the license key. Please double check to ensure that you have not accidentally entered an incorrect character or have a space at the end of your license key
                  • The most common reason is that a firewall on your PC or on the network your computer is on, is preventing NinjaTrader from accessing our license servers. However I see you already took care of this. Do you perhaps have other security software running that is blocking the connection to the license server?
                  NinjaTrader connects through one of the two IP addresses and ports below to connect to its license server.

IP address: 74.200.197.238 and 64.38.21.160
                  Port: 80 and 443

Make sure these ports and IP addresses are not blocked on your PC (firewall & anti-virus software) or internet connection setup (router).
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

If my license was entered incorrectly surely the software would not direct me to the download page. If this is incorrect then I would question the reason for requiring the license on the download page.

I have already stated on many occasions and repeat once again that THE ONLY ANTIVIRUS OR SECURITY SOFTWARE that I have IS MS DEFENDER and that it has been TURNED OFF.

Having done all this and in keeping with your instructions I just decided to quadruple check that my license was indded input correctly and clicked on the NT7 icon and LOW AND BEHOLD the license verified and the software appears to be working normally.

This is the first time that this has happened this week and for the life of me I cannot think that I have made any change to anything that would result in a successful startup.

Could it be that somewhere in the code that their is a time restraint on the validation such that if the communication does not respond by a required amount of time then this error is triggered. I do not know.

Also will the issue appear again.

On Monday I will be relocating to Asia for two months where my internet connection will be superior to the one I have here. It will provide a good test as of now I am of the opinion that all this may be as a result of a slow connection. For now my ISP has not been able to resolve my connection problem.

Some further clarification on what your site does with teh license code would be good information to have. I am somewhat perplexed by the following sequence.

I enter the code on your site to access teh download.
                    Access is given.
                    I download and instal the software but when I run it the verification fails.
                    When I open the software and look for the license iunder the help tab NO LICENSE IS VISIBLE.
                    If I enter the code I get this Backdoor Code not acceptable or some such message.
                    Continued attempts fail to verify the license.
                    Sometimes whilst this non verification is present when trying to exit the softawre it crashed and I have to force the closure.
                    Now out of the blue without touching the license the software verifies and opens and the lost code is present.

Can you help me with some logic to all this.

Thank you for you help with this issue which must be just as frustrating for you as it is for me.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Peter,

I agree this is odd.

Can you resend your license again to support and then put in the subject 'For Vince'. I will regenerate it and test to see if it makes any difference.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DJ888
                      by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                      0 responses