Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exit Strategy with no Entry

Hi,

Is it possible to program a strategy to only exit orders that are currently in position without the exit referring to a position that the strategy its self opened? Like, if I manually open a long trade and only want the strategy to exit all or a certain amount of it, can it do that? In the order management tab (using the wizard here) it gives the option to Exit Long Position, but it requires From Entry Signal and won't just exit what is open from manual orders.
    I can work around this by setting a condition along with the parameters for exit, that if market position is Long then Flatten... but I don't see an option in Order Management that says Flatten Everything. Is there a way to do this, or just simply have the strategy exit Long even if it its self never entered Long (but rather you did manually) ?

Thank you very much.

Hello werido,

NinjaScript strategies automate entries and exits both so unfortunately you won't be able to exit a position that wasn't opened by the strategy.

With a managed strategy it will require that a position is open by the strategy (either virtual or actual), before it submits orders attached with an Exit statement.

You may consider using the unmanaged system, which you can use to submit the order you want without the strategy requiring entry / exit pairing.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there no way to Flatten Everything in a strategy?

Comment

There is no supported way to flatten everything in a strategy. I would review the undocumented / unsupported thread for hints.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101  
        Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes