Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polarized Fractal Efficiency PFE - still bad

hi at NT,

i would like to hear some coments about this older issue in NT7 with Polarized Fractal Efficiency PFE indicator :

this NT- indicator looks everthing but useful in the way NinjaTrader offer this..
    i dont know why but it is not what it should be.

please see the pictures - the other pics of PFE shows something that is ok - also they look the same way somehow,
    but the NT7-PFE just shows a strange zigzags.

i tried different parameter but found no way to get better results.

any ideas or infos on this ?
    thanks
    max
    Attached Files

Hello,

Can you post and exact one to one picture so I can compare with the same parameters.

Between you other charting software and our chart with the same instrument and time frame and indicator settings so that we can compare.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

its only examples pictures of other plattforms / instruments.
      i dont have these platforms

look at the pics and you see the settings : they use 10/5 or 5/10 and 5 / 35 - like in my NT-chart-settings.

and the basic behavior of any indicator is independent from an instrument or timeframe.
      a CCi doesnt look like stochastic if you change from ES to 6e or from, 1 min to 5 min chart ... if you know what i mean.

here are some more examples, in none of the different charts PFE looks like the NT7 one.

Comment

Hello,

Would need to see a direct one to one comparison to further assist here. Or would need some information on whats wrong in our formula. Based on reviewing the formula it looks correct based on the definitions we have here. Thus we would need some information on how its different or a resorce you use to get this information so I can look into.

Also, comparing platforms is usually not possible as some indicators are sensitive to session start and end times, different data feeds and data, and also different start time and dates of the chart produce different indicator results.

I am able to come close to the results you have posted here in the screenshots which is what I would expect.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I am able to come close to the results you have posted here in the screenshots which is what I would expect.
          ok, so show me what you get !

Comment

This is what I get. But I'd love to compare it with a 1 to one comparison of your other charting software which is what I asked for. However in your small screenshots I have no way of seeing the time and dates in them or where to go to get to that scrrenshot.

Also, all the PFE's in the screenshot you provided look completely different from eachother as well.
            Attached Files

Comment

its only examples pictures of other plattforms / instruments.
              i dont have these plattforms
              and its old pictures - no idea wich dates - as said - just examples.

but if your are honest, you can see this :
              in your screenshot PFE still flips arround with each up/ down Bars change.
              and thats really not the ways the other ones look. none of them, even if they all are a bit different.

i cant offer you more because i dont have this stuff , i only have NT.
              but this PFE is useless like this.

maybe you have the possibility to do a comparison with another plattform.
              or some other user here may help out.

here are some links :
              Trading Signals,Trading Systems,progressive Forex & Stocks forecasting method

Comment

max-td,

I will have development take another look at our formula to ensure its accurate to definition.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

good idea, thanks !

Comment

max-td,

There are several sources with formulas. Our implementation is accurate to the source we used. I then contacted Stocks & Commodities Magazine and requested the original article published in 1994 which they kindly sent to me. The formula defined is indeed different than the one we used and as such, we willl change our implementation for our next release.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thats good news and makes sense !

thanks
                      max

Comment

max-td,

We have modified the code which will be available in the next release that matches the original definition as outlined in Stocks and Commodities. Thanks for your patience on this matter.
                        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes