Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Mapping

Hello there,

I have a general question to the working mechanism of instrument mapping within NinjaTrader. My broker is IB, so to get correct instrument mapping to IB is my main issue. However, I would like to understand the concept behind instrument mapping in general.

I had several problem trading the US energies over the last couple of days (got no trades, got trades without stops, etc.), but this seems to be solved now with changing the symbol of IB from e.g. NG to NG||||1. For some reason my database did not include that and I had no clue of doing that.

Today in the morning I didn't get trades for the DAX and SMI Future. Again the reason seems to be something with instrument settings, because my executions tab shows wrong contract names (FDAX 3-11 & FSMI 3-11), which IB does not recognize. The settings with IB are DAX & SMI but for some reason this gets mixed up, probably with the name of the master instrument.

I have already written an email to support, but I decided to write it in here, because this seems to be a general issue and could be of interest to the whole NT community.

Thx,
    Peter

Hello Peter,

Energy futures with IB need to use adjusted symbol mapping as you mention. You will need to include ||||1 besides the regular symbol. Such symbol mapping needs to be used to avoid receiving execution updates for the incorrect expiry from IB. Please see the forum thread below for more information regarding this issue.

Please see post #94 for an explanation regarding the symbol mapping that needs to be used.

I am not aware of issues with FDAX and FSMI. Can you please send me your log and trace files for the day you received incorrect execution updates for the FDAX and FSMI. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110126 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110126 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.

In addition, please let me know what ticket number you have as per the email you sent to Support to avoid two persons working on the same issue.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason I am already in direct contact with Kyle concerning the same issue, because my NT is crashing also from time to time. But I will check your recommend threads.

Peter

Comment

I see, please proceed working with Kyle on your issue as per the FDAX and FSMI.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes