Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

OK 1 more q and i wont bug anymore. can i get 3 years worth of data on a chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK 1 more q and i wont bug anymore. can i get 3 years worth of data on a chart?

so now that i got BIM working - thanks for the help! - can i load 3 years worth a data on my daily chart?

this is what i've done, data series - data, load data based on: custom range, start date 1/1/2008, end date 1/27/2011.

on the chart it seems to default to 3/3/2010 - 1/27/2011

i know the data is available. if i draw a chart with tws it will go back 5 years. ensign can also access 5 years worth of daily data from ib.

thanks,

rr

Hi royrogers,

Thank you for your post.

The software has the ability to display data that far back so long as your datafeed can provide it. That said, I recall that IB does impose a limitation on the back data that they provide to third party applications like NinjaTrader.

If you open a chart of another instrument using those same basic parameters, what last date do you receive?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

still no go

i tried using CSCO MSFT and its the same thing if i connect to ib. if i connect kinetick eod my chart will refresh to 1/28/10.

how do i set it for downloading eod data from yahoo? perhaps that would work. and my next question is once the yahoo data is downloaded can i switch back to ib while keeping the data? ie. do a backfill with yahoo and then run live with ib while maintaining the history?

thanks guys

Comment

Hi royrogers,

Since the Kinetick feed is EOD data you should be able to connect to Kinetick first for the historical daily data that is available, and then connect to IB second for access to the real-time data from IB.

Since you are connecting to the EOD feed first it will be used for historical daily data, and then for other intervals and real-time data the IB connection will be used, and to configure this you will simply want to connect to Kinetick EOD first, and then IB second. More information at:

This also applies to Yahoo EOD data so long as you connect to Yahoo first, and then IB. You will have to create the Yahoo connection, and it does not include EOD data for futures or forex like the Kinetick EOD, but Yahoo is only for equities.

If you wish to create that connection the following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Yahoo finance. Click here to take me to the Yahoo Connection Guide
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aa731
        by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
        3 responses