CBOTA not suported by Ninja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBOTA not suported by Ninja

I have no access to the mini S&P futures, log box says "CBOTA not suported by Ninja." any ideas on how to correct this issue?

- which broker technology are you connected to?
    - which instrument are you trying to trade?
    - what is the exact (!) error message in the logs?

Comment

- which broker technology are you connected to? pats

- which instrument are you trying to trade? dec 07 emini s&p

- what is the exact (!) error message in the logs? CBOTA not suported by Ninja

Comment

The ES is traded on GLOBEX not CBOTA.

Just go with default NT setup where "ES 12-07" already is setup for you (see default instrument list).

Comment

uninstall then reinstall? i don't understand?

Comment

Hi:

More than likely, something happened to the default settings of the ES in your Instrument Manager. You will need to email support @ ninjatrader dot com to receive the file insturments.txt since the file is too large to post in the forum. When you send in your note, please reference this post.

Let's try the following...

1. Shutdown NT

2. Go to C: > Program Files > NinjaTrader 6 > DB folder and replace the file instruments.txt with the attached file (will send via support @ ninjatrader dot com)

3. Restart NinjaTrader

4. Connect to Patsystems and attempt to receive data for the ES 12-07 contract.

Best regards,
            Last edited by NinjaTraderEcosystem_Ryan; 10-25-2007, 07:10 AM.
            RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the same problem with NT 6.5 as well as with NT7. Yesterday I did a clean install of NT7 without mitigating from 6.5 and there is again!

Trace file below (from NT7) exactly the same in NT 6.5.

2009-12-07 20:44:14:888 WARNING: exchange 'CBOTA' not supported by NinjaTrader
              2009-12-07 20:44:14:888 WARNING: Pats.Callback.Init: CME_CBT
              2009-12-07 20:44:14:888 (PATS_NT7) Pats.Callback.Init1: exchange='CBOTA' ordertype=25 amendOrderTypes=''
              2009-12-07 20:44:14:888 (PATS_NT7) Pats.Callback.Init1: exchange='CBOTA' ordertype=26 amendOrderTypes=''
              2009-12-07 20:44:14:888 (PATS_NT7) Pats.Callback.Init1: exchange='CBOTA' ordertype=OrderTypeLimit amendOrderTypes=''
              2009-12-07 20:44:14:888 (PATS_NT7) Pats.Callback.Init1: exchange='CBOTA' ordertype=OrderTypeMarket amendOrderTypes=''
              2009-12-07 20:44:14:888 (PATS_NT7) Pats.Callback.Init1: exchange='CBOTA' ordertype=OrderTypeSynthMIT amendOrderTypes=''
              2009-12-07 20:44:14:888 (PATS_NT7) Pats.Callback.Init1: exchange='CBOTA' ordertype=OrderTypeRFQ amendOrderTypes=''
              2009-12-07 20:44:14:888 (PATS_NT7) Pats.Callback.Init1: exchange='CBOTA' ordertype=OrderTypeStop amendOrderTypes=''
              2009-12-07 20:44:14:888 (PATS_NT7) Pats.Callback.Init1: exchange='CBOTA' ordertype=OrderTypeSynthStopLimit amendOrderTypes=''

Comment

Hello astra,

Can you please tell me if the message affects NinjaTrader in any way.

Do you intend to trade any instruments on the CBOTA exchange?
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello astra,

Can you please tell me if the message affects NinjaTrader in any way.

Do you intend to trade any instruments on the CBOTA exchange?
                  I lived with that message in my NT6.5 for over a year but I am not sure if it affects NT or not. The only problem that I have with trading (and I don't know if it is connected with this issue) is that occassionaly in my first discretionary trade (or after a long time of not trading - PATS broker) I press a market order (limit order are OK) in the dom I will lose connection with PATS for few seconds and then I have to reboot because my order is still alive as a limit order even though I cancel that order. This happens the last few months though.

My understanding from this thread is that CBOTA does not exist anymore and I don't like to have this message if there is a way to get rid of it, especially now that I will start to transfer my data, etc to NT7. I am trading GLOBEX instruments. Thanks.

Comment

Hello astra,

I see, unfortunately I do not see a way to have this message excluded from the log/trace file.

As per the disconnection, NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues

- hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently

- Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.

- With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections

- Broker servers having problems

In addition, please check for software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software, that could be interfering the connection as well.

Comment

Jason,

Thanks for the reply. About the connection issue you must be right because it happens only to market orders and not to limit orders. I'll check it out as per your advice.

Now the CBOTA issue still bothers me (especially that I'll carry it to NT7)!
                      Below in the quote (under 2), Ryan promised to send a file that rectifies the issue. Is it still valid? What actually is the issue? I did a clean install of NT7 beta 5. No mitigation whatsover from NT6.5. Only a couple of data files that I exported them with NT6.5 and then imported them back with NT7. No workspaces, no indicators, nothing. How this "CBOTA" is penetrating to NT7?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
                      Hi:

More than likely, something happened to the default settings of the ES in your Instrument Manager. You will need to email support @ ninjatrader dot com to receive the file insturments.txt since the file is too large to post in the forum. When you send in your note, please reference this post.

Let's try the following...

1. Shutdown NT

2. Go to C: > Program Files > NinjaTrader 6 > DB folder and replace the file instruments.txt with the attached file (will send via support @ ninjatrader dot com)

3. Restart NinjaTrader

4. Connect to Patsystems and attempt to receive data for the ES 12-07 contract.

Best regards,

Comment

Hello astra,

This is just a warning that states NinjaTrader does not suport this exchange. It seems this exchange is not even used.

Ryan replied to resolve the issue of not receiving ES data.

The warning is related to the Patsystems connection, since it only occurs when connecting to Patsystems.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jclose
                        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                        10 responses