Multi Broker - Unable to write cache data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Broker - Unable to write cache data

I added a new connection today to my multi-broker license (CQG) in addition to (Zen-Fire).

Now, if I have both connections open and change instruments in charts, after about the the third swap, i get "Unable to write cache data" error over and over and the chart says "Loading data..."

My assumption here is that both connections are trying to write to the db\cache folder and you are colliding with one another.

Here is my setup of the connection, I have tried disabling the Historical data as well, no difference. I've also tried making one the backup provider.

I have cleared my db\cache folder many times and it doesn't clear up the problems after restarting Ninja.

Suggestions?

bobcat70,

Which connection are you connected to first and which second? Which instruments are you trying and which chart type are you trying? What happens if you use the connections individually independently of each other? Please try removing backup connection settings completely. What happens then?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Which Connection: Doesn't matter. I've tried it both ways, only when both are running do I get the error.

Which Instruments: Swapping between YM and 6E on a 5min chart.

Connections Individually: They work fine - no errors.

Backup Connection Settings: Yes, already tried that. When I first set the connection up, that was not selected. I tried it to see if it would help, since have removed it.

J

Comment

bobcat70,

Do you happen to have any real-time antivirus scanning going on? Perhaps some hard drive backup utility attempting things too?

Can you please try disabling any software that might be doing any scanning and see if you get the issue? If you don't want to disable the software you usually can add an exception to Documents\NinjaTrader 7 directory to avoid scanning that one and locking the files when NT is trying to use them.

Comment

I did have Symantec Endpoint 11 running as I always do. I disabled it, but same result.

This is how I tested the scenario. System loads with Chart as 5min 6E. Change to YM, no problem. Change to 6E again, chart hangs "Loading data..." and then eventually the error.

The error did show up sooner if I started the CQG feed first.

Comment

bobcat70,

This is what I am doing on my end and not running into any issue here. Please let me know if you are doing any steps differently:

1. Connect CQG
            2. Connect Zen
            3. Open 5 days back 5min chart with default session template for 6E 03-11
            4. Type into the chart YM 03-11 to change it
            5. Type into the chart 6E 03-11
            6. Keep repeating steps 4-5, no issues
            7. Reload Historical Data, no issues experienced
            8. Try mixing in ES 03-11 to the mix, no issue

Are you sure you have no backup type software running too? Perhaps an online backup service?

Can you please email us your log/traces? Thank you.

Comment

well, I opened another workspace and was trying it there, was working fine. Rebuilt my layout for the X # of times now - and it appears to be stable for the time being.

Thanks. I will let you know if I run into again. But, pretty sure I can recreate it with the other workspace still.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please send in log and traces as Josh asked? We'd like to understand what's going wrong there. Thanks

Comment

Just emailed. And no, no backup software running on my computer.

Comment

Unfortunately you did not mail the trace files as Josh requested but only the log file. Please zip all files from folders <my documents>/NinjaTrader7/log and <my documents>/NinjaTrader7/trace and send them in. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for sending in the trace and log file. The message in the trace file
                      Code:
                        [COLOR=#1F497D][FONT=&quot]2011-01-31 07:59:37:951 ERROR: Data.Bars.Load3: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\John\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\cache\Default 24_7.Pacific Standard Time\minute\6A 03-11\Minute-60-1-Last-Minute-1-Close-Tick.20110129.20110129.Last.ntd' is denied.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      would tell me that there either is (a) some general I/O error (related to your hardware?) or a (b) security violation.

On (a): your windows system would have tools to check your disk for errors. Could you please run those tools to see if there might an issue?

On (b): is there anything related to access privileges on your machine where the access to the directory above might be restricted/limited?

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                      14 responses
                      0 likes