• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will happen if

hi,

i've got:
    1) two computers
    2) two internet connections
    3) two licenses of NT with chart trader (zen-fire and cqg)

questions:

1) i have installed a NT7 with the zen-fire license key on one computer and a NT7 with the cqg license key on another. i have only 1 account with 1 broker right now. this broker supports both zen-fire and cqg. i am able to connect simultaneously to the same live account from two different computers with NT7 on them with zen-fire and cqg connections.

will i have any conflicts? for example, i know already that they don't see each other. Like when I place a limit order on one of them, it doesn't show on the other. i didn't try to actually place any orders like this. what about any other type of a conflict? can i use them simultaneously (just in case if i lose connection on one of them, the other one would be available immediately)

2) can i have two NTs installed on a single computer: one would be a NT7 with cqg and another one - NT6.5 with zen -fire, so I can use them simultaneously with 1 account, 1 broker.
    Last edited by eddieban; 02-01-2011, 07:18 AM.

1) I would discuss this with your broker, but for sure the two systems are separate although they point to the same account. I highly advise to only trade in one system and not mix them up, but again, clarify with your broker.

2) Yes, you can have them installed on one PC but can't run them simultaneously. See my response on #1, don't trade one account across two different systems.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1) I will not trade on both systems simultaneously.

2) Please explain this situation:
      a) While I am trading using system (A), an error of some kind happens. (I went long on 5 contracts of ES and lost my connection after this)
      b) I am not able to close my trade using system (A) (I can only call my trade desk for help)
      c) I decide to launch my second system (B) and use it to close the trade (exit long).

Is it possible to use these systems like this or some conflicts may arise?

Comment

Originally posted by eddieban View Post
        1) I will not trade on both systems simultaneously.

2) Please explain this situation:
        a) While I am trading using system (A), an error of some kind happens. (I went long on 5 contracts of ES and lost my connection after this)
        b) I am not able to close my trade using system (A) (I can only call my trade desk for help)
        c) I decide to launch my second system (B) and use it to close the trade (exit long).

Is it possible to use these systems like this or some conflicts may arise?
        This is a question your broker is qualified to answer since they know how their backend systems work.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post f.saeidi  
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes