Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Data on SuperDOM

Background:
    I have a live, fully funded account with Interactive Brokers (IB).
    I am using NinjaTrader (NT) version 6.0.1000.5.
    I am using TraderWorkStation version 877.8.
    I am subscribed to OpenTick Globex Level 1 data.

Description of Problem:
    When I connect to OpenTick, I receive Open, High, Low, and Last price data for ticker symbols QG, QH, and QM in the NT Control Center but do not get any price data in the NT SuperDOM.
    When I connect to OpenTick, I do not receive any price data whatsoever for Nymex crude (ticker symbol: CL), either in the NT Control Center or in the NT SuperDOM.
    When I connect to IB, I do not receive any price data whatsoever for ticker symbols QG, QH, QM, and CL, either in the NT Control Center or in the NT SuperDOM.

Question:
    WTF is going on?!

Connecting

Hello,

1) OpenTick data is currently not supported with our SuperDOM. You can only use OpenTick data in our Charts and Control Centers windows.

2) OpenTick does not have the NYMEX datafeed, so the NYMEX symbols will not work. Some NYMEX symbols post trading activity through GLOBEX's order book, but the availablity is very limited, so it is not recommended to use.

OpenTick is working on getting the NYMEX, but does not have a specific date.

3) Please ensure that you are not receiving any error messages in the logs when selecting these instruments.

Comment

Ib > Nt

Chris:

Thanks for the prompt reply, but what about the issue of trading crude (CL) thru NT?
      Can it be done or not?
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi there any idea when open tick will be Dom supported?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chris View Post
        Hello,

1) OpenTick data is currently not supported with our SuperDOM. You can only use OpenTick data in our Charts and Control Centers windows.

2) OpenTick does not have the NYMEX datafeed, so the NYMEX symbols will not work. Some NYMEX symbols post trading activity through GLOBEX's order book, but the availablity is very limited, so it is not recommended to use.

OpenTick is working on getting the NYMEX, but does not have a specific date.

3) Please ensure that you are not receiving any error messages in the logs when selecting these instruments.

Comment

Originally posted by davidfw1866 View Post
          Chris:

Thanks for the prompt reply, but what about the issue of trading crude (CL) thru NT?
          Can it be done or not?
          Thanks for your help.
          David,

Yes you can trade CL with NT using your Interactive brokers connection. However, you will be unable to use OpenTick for your crude oil charts.

I did notice that you are using NT version 6.0.1000.5 this version of NinjaTrader is not compatible with your current version of IB TraderWorkstation version 877. You will need to download the new release of NinjaTrader version 6.0.1000.6 that is compatible with TWS 877.

Please download version 6.0.1000.6 here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Bogan7 View Post
            Hi there any idea when open tick will be Dom supported?
            Hopefully soon. We have implemented the code but are awaiting on exchange/symbol mapping information for OT to complete the enhancement.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Eamon.
              As long as I can trade CL with NinjaTrader, I'm happy.

In any case, I can still use OpenTick to chart QM, which is the mini equivalent to crude.

I'll definitely download the latest version of NinjaTrader as you recommend.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
              8 responses
              0 likes