Order handling gone wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order handling gone wrong

This morning the following pop-up appeared - 'Assertion failed: Abort, Retry or Ignore'.

I chose Abort, which promptly shut down NT7. I guess next time I'll choose Ignore.

My guess is that this assertion is not meant to be compiled in to the production release. What should I do next time? Is it safe to Ignore it and carry on?

Since the reason was "entry execution for existing position missing" I guess my normal manual checks of the system, positions and orders would have found the problem anyway.

I didn't find it in the logs and I am not sure exactly when this happened or if it's appearance halted the strategy, or even all strategies.

Logs and trace files attached. You will see there was a lot of trouble this morning but hopefully you will be able to see the issues involved here.

Please could you advise.
    Attached Files

adamus,

Do you remember what you may have been attempting to do when this occurred? We would need a reproducible scenario of this error to be able to chase it. Thanks for any information you can provide.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh,

I was unable to discover exactly when the pop-up box appeared. As far as I can tell, there is no mention of it in the logs.

If I don't know when it happened, I have no clue what the strategies were trying to do. I was not at my screen when it occured.

Sorry I can't help anymore.

Comment

Thanks for your efforts. We will keep our eyes out for other reports of it.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses