Kinetick and IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick and IB

I recently purchased a subscription to Kinetick. They do not provide data for Australian Exchanges ie SFE and ASX. If connect to Kinetick then IB (Which supplies these exchanges) the data will not download onto my charts. How do I solve this issue.

Hi,

Can you connect to IB first and then Kinetick and see if that makes a difference.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Data issues

If I do this then all my data will be supplied by IB will it not. Kinetic provides better data for what I am doing. It was my understanding that if data could not be supplied by the first connection it would attempt to go to the second.

Comment

Hi,

Your understanding it correct.

We have more info here:

Do you have the IB account selected as your Backup Datafeed connection when you set up your connection for Kinetick?

Comment

After reading the link, if I use IB as my first connection and Kinetick as my second because Kinetick supplies historical data for tick charts and range bars will this will be used before IB data. In the connection set up for historical data in IB can you explain which option would be best. If I chose Disable would the second connection only be used. Problem would be I could not get historical time data for SFE and ASX. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
            Do you have the IB account selected as your Backup Datafeed connection when you set up your connection for Kinetick?
            Have you done this and is the data coming in after?

Comment

I selected IB as back up for Kinetick and Kinetic as back up for IB. When I load IB first Kinetick appears to reload charts when it is connected second. It does not seem to matter whether I select "Use IB servers" or "Disable" under the historical data IB options.

Comment

Unfortunately in this scenario there is not a way to have NinjaTrader look to the second connection for this data. Even though Kinetick does not offer this instrument since this is a Futures contract and Futures are offered by Kinetick NInjaTrader will not look at the second connnection.

In order to receive data for this instrument you would be required to connect to IB first and subscribe to all data that you would like with IB.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post samish18  
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes