Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow Strategy Bug NT 7.0.1000.2

this I find really annoying...and reported it once before in this thread

today I realized that NT automatically adds a Shadow Strategy to all ATMs if you use SIM102...or any other additional sim acct

to reproduce:
    1. create new account SIM102
    2. open 2 charts, one using SIM101 and the other using SIM102
    3. enter a trade using Charttrader and any ATM (without a shadow strategy) in the SIM101 chart...no problem
    4. close that trade and enter a trade using the same ATM in the SIM102 chart...close it out
    5. check the ATM in Charttrader and NT has added the same ATM as a Shadow Strategy for that ATM...for all ATMs for that matter, even though you only used the one ATM

this leads to annoying error messages like 'Can't initiate a shadow strategy from a simulation account' and to annoying problems such as that in my original thread above....i.e. enters shadow trades if any additional sim accts exist

fact is, NT assumes that if you create SIM102 then you want it for Shadow Strategies....personally I never use them and do not want to start...I have SIM101 through SIM106 to test strats on different instruments simultaneously...that's it

please confirm that this is a bug or if there is a setting somewhere that puts NT in an auto/default Shadow Strategy mode if you create more than one sim acct

thanks.

Hello,

This is a bug I have been trying to find for some time now. However I was unable to duplicate this with your instructions.

Would you mind if I gave you a call and logged into the PC and checked a few things out as I would like to find this bug once and for all.

Please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and put your phone number and ATTN: Brett so that I may call you and look into this. I have a coupld questions for you.

Thank You.

Comment

yes, shadow problems

thanks ati for finding the conditions.
      i also get NT filling in shadow strat for me, even when i None it out and save

Comment

Hello,

We found that thesse conditions did not trigger the issue.

If you have any further inforamtion you can provide on your expeirence. What you where doing or any steps you made that caused this to occur please post so that we can draw some correlations.

Thank You.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses