License server not available error msg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License server not available error msg

Greetings right off the bat lets make it clear this is NOT a firewall issue. I don't know what it is but I have been using this machine and router and this setup as is to trade for about 5 months and up until two days ago it was rock solid.

For whatever reason now each time I fire up the platform, it tells me the license servers can't be reached.

I am using NT with the zen fire feed. I have no issue with any other net based software and as stated this machine has not been touched it is a dedicated trading box and it is password protected and never used for anything other than that. Nothing has changed in my network either. Wed all was perfect traded, turn the machine off.. powered up thursday morning got the error have not been able to login since.

I put in a helpdesk ticket they said to remove my account connection and recreate it, BUT as I can't login to the license servers my account connection does NOT show in the list of connections so I can't remove it.

This is obviously amazingly frustrating any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JM

Hi JM:
    Thank you for posting. Let's see if we can get you up and running this morning.
    The following would be the only reasons for a license invalid message.

1. Something has changed with the license key and it needs to be re-generated.

2. The license key was entered incorrectly into Help > License key

3. Something on your pc is blocking NinjaTrader from accessing the internet to verify the license key.

We can test for all of this information. Please send a note to support @ ninjatrader dot com and reference your post. Please include your live license key in the email.

We can test the license key on my pc and if it is working on my machine, I would be happy to schedule a remote assistance call this morning to further assist.
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
      Hi JM:

3. Something on your pc is blocking NinjaTrader from accessing the internet to verify the license key.

We can test for all of this information. Please send a note to support @ ninjatrader dot com and reference your post. Please include your live license key in the email.

We can test the license key on my pc and if it is working on my machine, I would be happy to schedule a remote assistance call this morning to further assist.
      I have sent the email as requested...

Just for your info....

nothing has changed with the key on my end.

The key is the same key in there that has been in use for months so I am not sure how it could have changed.

Nothing is blocking the machine as it was fine Wed morning turned off at the end of the session then would not connect the next morning..

So I will be interested to see what you come up with.

Thanks for the reply.

J

Comment

Hi Jody,

We would like to give you a call to do remote assistance on your machine. Can you please provide us with your phone number by sending it to support at ninjatrader dot com?

Vince
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
          Hi JM:

Any other suggestions?

Remote access only told me what I already knew, my machine is setup correctly, I knew this because it was working perfectly Wed then suddenly stopped working Thursday of last week.

I have now attempted to connect on three different machines here in Thailand, one desktop, two laptops and with two different ISPs with the same exact results

Obviously this is NOT an issue on my end.

The only really frustrating part is that I have paid for this subscription yet I am unable to trade... is there not some sort of way to allow me temp access or a temp key or something.. this is beyond silly at this point.

Three days in a row with no trading access... some help here would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Installation and Licensing

Hello TraderJM,

I replied to your personal email address. Please let me know if you received my emails.

Comment

If it's of any help, I had the same problem, it was so frustrating. I was connected to Ninja and my broker feed and everything was running fine. Then I shut down Ninja and it could no longer verify the license. For four days. It wasn't a firewall or comuter problem and nothing seemed to be wrong with my network. Never had a problem connecting to any servers or anything.

Then I took my laptop to Starbucks and was able to verify the license from there. So after spending fruitless hours trying to figure out how to debug my home router I just went out and bought a new one and everything works fine now.

Comment

Hi Jammy Page:

Thank you for sharing your comments and welcome to the Support Forum.

Enjoy your day and happy trading.
                RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses