Trade Markers Disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Markers Disappearing

I have NT starting in Global Simulation Mode and I have Plot Executions set to MarkersOnly.

When I open NT the markers show my previous trades, but as soon as I 'switch off' global simulation the trade markers disappear. They will show any new trades that I make but the only way to get previous trades to show is to restart NT.

I've noticed this happening for a while now but until today I couldn't pinpoint at what stage the markers disappeared.

Any ideas?

NT 7.0.1000.2

Hi,

This is correct behavior. The markers will only show for the account selected where the trades are made in. So when you change from Sim to Live they will disappear. If you switch back to Sim 101 they should show up again.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Vincent

The trades were made in my live account. So, if the functionality is, as you say, based upon the account in which they were made, why do they show at all when Global Simulation is active?
      Also, the trade markers do not reappear unless I restart NT.

I don't wish to question you, but I'm not convinced this is correct behaviour. When I have live trade markers showing and then make a trade in the SIM 101 account, all the trades are shown.

Comment

Hi,

We have tested the other way around since there is no way for us to test with actual Live trades. After changing to Live they disappeared and when switched back they showed up again.

I'm not sure why it would show with you in Sim mode as well and will consult with Level II. Since they are not in yet you will receive a follow up later in the day.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, no worries. Thanks.

Comment

Hello FatCanary,

When you enable Global Simulation Mode, the account in ChartTrader will change to the sim101 account, so any live trade markers will disappear in the chart.

However you mention that when you trade the sim101 account, live trade markers are still reflected in your chart. When I test this using an IB demo account, I cannot reproduce it. As soon as I select the sim101 account in ChartTrader, the 'live trade' markers made in the IB demo account disappear.

The chart should display the markers for the account that is selected in ChartTrader.

Are you able to reproduce that live trade markers still appear after you select the sim101 account in ChartTrader? If so, can you please tell me what exact steps you perform in the software.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason

I'm not using ChartTrader.

When I start NT it is in GlobalSimulationMode and all of my Zenfire and any SIM 101 trades from previous sessions are shown. As soon as I disable GlobalSimulationMode all of those trade markers disappear and the only way to get them back is to restart NT.

So, today I have 3 live trade markers showing, but all trade markers from previous days are not now showing because, obviously, I had to disable GlobalSimulationMode to allow me to trade live.

I currently have GlobalSimulationMode enabled and all of today's live trades are marked. However, previous days' are not.

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying. I tested some more on my end without using ChartTrader, however I do not experience the same outcome as you.

Do you disable Global Simulation Mode before or after you connect to Zen-Fire?

The live trade markers disappear once I get connected on my end.

Comment

I connect to Zenfire first and only disable GlobalSimulationMode when I am ready to trade.

If memory serves, I did not have the markers disappearing issue several builds ago. Unfortunately I can't remember on which version I first noticed the problem. I am pretty certain, however, that all trades (live and sim) have always shown together no matter which account I am using, as I find it annoying that my sim trades show along with my live ones.

Just noticed that if I disconnect from Zenfire all of my previous (live) trades (including past days') reappear. They remain visible even after I've reconnected and switched to SIM 101 in the DOM. They disappear as soon as I enable GlobalSimulationMode and remain that way even when I disable GlobalSimulationMode.

So, currently even today's trades are not marked.

Not sure if that helps at all.

Comment

Could you please send me a copy of your database so I can test the display of your executions on my end. You can find your database at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->NinjaTrader(sdf).

Please use www.filexpressit.com to send over the database file. You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Hi Jason

This problem appears to be resolved in V 7.0.1000.3.

Comment

Hello FatCanary,

Thank you for your confirmation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes