Ma & ib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ma & ib

I tried to load an instrument list into MA today of 16 stocks and it almost instantly began giving me IB pacing violations... I know these violations are independent of NT but still 16 stocks is far from violating the 60 stock/10 minute rule...

I have a few different filters and indicators in the MA and it seems to take a while to load... is NT calling the stock from IB for historical data for each indicator? It seems it is hitting a pacing volation for calling the same stock within so many seconds...

Is there better way to do this and be able to load an instument list into MA using IB data without getting hit with this? It really takes a way a great feature of being able to load the days picks into the MA in one clean shot...

Thanks,
    R.T.

Hello R.T.,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately in order to calculate the indicator being used this data is being pulled from IB. The only work around to this pacing violation is to connect to another data provider within NinjaTrader prior to connecting to IB therefore the data will be pulled from the first connection as apposed to IB.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Multiple Connections.

If you are looking for a data provider for real time and historical data I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.

www.kinetick.com
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher...

Out of curiosity is Kinetics owned by NT?

Comment

Kinetick is an independent brand that is owned by NinjaTrader.

Comment

Is there any plans to have NT be able and scan the Kinetick's database down the road? That would be a dream come true...

Very nice site BTW...

Comment

Glad to hear you like the site. This request has been submitted to our development team previously however at this time I do not have any additional information available of if or when this will be implemented. I will also forward your note to let them know of the demand.

Have a great day!

Comment

Thanks Christopher,

I think it would be a good business move because I spend the amount for my 3rd party scanner that I would for the data, so if the MA could scan the Kinetick database I would instantly drop my current scanner and use that combo instead,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by synthhokie, Today, 12:00 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post synthhokie  
              Started by moneyexe, Today, 11:22 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse