Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

mutli accounts, licensing and connections...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mutli accounts, licensing and connections...

.... oh no , again! Well yes, apologies, but let me see if I got it right. I use NT 6.5 (yes, don't ask!)

a) 1 account with Forex.com to trade FX, 1 account with IB to trade futures. 1 NT Multibroker live license will be ok AS LONG AS I use it on 1 PC. If I want to use simultaneously NT live with Forex.com on 1 PC and and NT live with IB on another PC I would need 2 separate (single?) licenses. How am I doing so far?
    b) I understand the order of connection is crucial, so I should connect to Forex.com first (so FX data will come from Forex.com, but no futures data), then to IB (I guess it will see that FX data are already updated so I would not need them, so it should not be bothered with sending them, but send instead the data I do not have, i.e. futures, right?).
    Connecting to IB first would make the second connection to Forex.com redundant, I guess? But I will still need it in the (mad!) case I wished to trade via Forex.com using IB FX data....right?
    c) In the case of a single license to IB, if my IB account was a Master Account with several sub-accounts, I should be able to connect to the Master account and somehow allocate trades to the different sub-accounts. Right? I am not talking about same orders to be sent to different sub-accounts, just, say, FX to one sub-acc and futures to another). Also, I am aware that there are some issues regarding a bug on the new TWS version that did not exist on the older (unavailable) versions, but I understand that I would still be able to get the desired allocation right. Right?
    Thanks and best regards

Hello gretrader,

Thank you for your post.

a. Yes this understanding is correct.

b. Correct if you would like to trade Forex with Forex.com and Futures with IB you would need to connect to Forex.com first and IB second.

c. Yes once you are connected to IB within NinjaTrader you would then have access to all of your accounts within NinjaTrader. Then while trading you may select different accounts for different assets as you wish.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes