Solving an opening runtime error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solving an opening runtime error

I tried to make the switch to NT7 from 6.5 and always got a runtime error opening the program so I am just now able to find a work around for it.

I'm posting this in case anyone else has the same problem and does a search.

The first time I opened NT7 it was fine. I made my workspace with NO custom indicators, just the native ones. I'm not a big indicator fan. After that I could not open NT7 again without a runtime error.

It was suggested to me that there was too much historical data and that is why so I deleted my workspace and started again with less data. This had no effect. So here is the work around.

Before you open NT7 go to Documents > NT7 > Workspaces and move the workspace you are using to your desktop. Now open NT7.

Once NT7 is up and running move your workspace back into the NT7 Workspace folder.

From there manually load your workspace. It may or may not load. Sometimes it works and if so you are done. Sometimes if you are unlucky you will get an error that says your workspace is not compatible because it was made with a previous version of NT despite the fact that it was not made with a previous version.

If this happens, close NT and say NO TO ALL when asked to save your workspace. Leave the workspace in the NT7 workspace folder, don't move it again. Try opening NT7 again now and see if it loads. That usually works.

For me if that doesn't do it I just load NT6.5 and try again either later or the next day. Usually that will do it though.

Good luck.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post r68cervera  
Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post geddyisodin