Conituous Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conituous Contracts

Can someone please pointme to where i can find out how to set up continuous contracts on NT7. I have Zenfire RT and IQFEED delayed data.

Thanks

Hello Djinn,

Thank you for your post.

You will not receive continuous contract data on a Zen-Fire connection. You will need to ensure you are connected to IQFeed first when attempting to load this data.

Please follow these instructions to add a continuous contracts to the ES as an example:

• Please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center--> Tools--> Instrument Manager--> Locate the ES Instrument
    • Select the default instrument list via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the "##-##" expiry from the bottom of the drop down menu.
    • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Continuous Contracts

Matthew,

Thanks for the quick reply,

Just so i am clear on this when starting NT7 i need to connect to IQFEED First then Zenfire and have both connections running when using NT7? Also if my IQFEED gives Delayed Data then will Zenfire fill in the real time and wont i have any trouble with the different naming conventions between IQFEED and Zenfire?

Regards

Djinn

Comment

Djinn,

You need to ensure you are connecting to IQFeed first to get the continuous contract data.

You will not be able to plot any continuous contract data from Zen-Fire. The continous contracts (IQFeed) and the real-time contracts (Zen-Fire) will have to be managed separately. However, you if you had real-time access from IQFeed, there would not be an issue with using only one type of contract - the delayed data will cause some discrepancies in price when connected to both connections.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
        1 response
        0 likes