Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error: Not enough free threads in ThreadPool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Not enough free threads in ThreadPool?

An automated trade for one of my strategies was not submitted by NT. The error message was as follows: "There were not enough free threads in the ThreadPool to complete the operation".

Please see the attachment for the complete error message. Also, memory usage spiked and stayed elevated at >1.1 GB after the error occurred.

Please explain what has happened and how to prevent this type of error from occurring again.

Thx,
    Lou

P.S. I'm running 64-bit NT 7.0.1000.2 on 64-bit Win 7.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bluelou; 02-07-2011, 09:15 AM.

Thank you for the post, Lou. Can you please send log / trace files using Help > Mail to support feature. Attn: RyanM
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Before I start sending trace files, etc. I have a few questions:

Have you seen this type of error before?

I suspect the problem may be due to NT taking up too much memory. Over the past few days NT memory has been > 1 GB. How much is too much for NT?

I have around a 1/2 dozen strategies running. Also, I keep around 20 tick bar charts and 20 daily charts open mostly for data collection purposes. This doesn't seem to have been a problem in the past since memory has mostly stayed < 500 MB. But, now, w/memory > 1 GB maybe this is becoming an issue. Is what I described too much for NT? What do you think?

Comment

Lou, we're unfortunately not aware of this error message yet - if you're working on a 32 bit OS and get close to consuming 1.2 - 1.3 GB memory for one process it can get critical.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Lou, we're unfortunately not aware of this error message yet - if you're working on a 32 bit OS and get close to consuming 1.2 - 1.3 GB memory for one process it can get critical.
          What about NT consuming approx 1 GB memory for 64 bit Win7? Would you expect this to be a problem for NT? Also, what about the # of charts and strategies running? Would you expect that to cause performance problems?

Comment

There aren't any absolute rules, except keeping NinjaTrader below the memory limits imposed by your OS. It depends on your usage and your code. Each chart and script you have running will consume resources. You can see here for ways of reducing resource demands:
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes